GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Fabulous beater fwb 300s

(1/3) > >>

bigdaver:
Got a scarred and freckled fwb 300s from Jim E, stripped, added all maccari parts and cleaned and lubed and wiped almost dry.  Lapped a nice Leapers mount into a drooper, put a 12x bug buster on, and my first shot at 10 m was dead on with a centered scope.  My other zero is around 35yds with Premier heavies, just the open tin I had handy. I’m hoping Jsb RS or HN Ft greens will be accurate and a little faster, but it is dead without a buzz right now, waiting for the weekend.  I had a ratchet cocking problem, but I changed the sled pins and give it an extra tug at the end of the cocking stroke and that solved it. Hope to be a more accurate poster. If you have a non collector fwb, Maccari it!

lizzie:
Very cool!
You need to know that you can't post a brag thread without proper photographic evidence!
LOL :D

WildCJ5:
I am constantly telling people to buy even the unloved 300 guns. They are awesome!

Michael Loar:
Yep a Macarri Artic spring , new buffer and breech seal and a little lithium grease is all that needed to wake up a 300 into the low 650 fps range with 8.44 grain pellets and always superb accuracy from even the roughest looking of samples.

BD

bigdaver:
I’m still learning to make my pictures small enough!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version