GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Mongolian BBQ starling stir-fry for dinner tonight

(1/13) > >>

lizzie:
I usually only see one or two starlings at a time on the martin houses, but this morning there were three....all at the usual starling time, which is between 0900 and 1000 in this area. It was a very windy morning, and I suspect Augustine (the R10) may be shooting a little high, because one of them was a mouth shot (probably just happened to shooting at the precise second he was calling for females with his beak wide open)....Or I suppose it could have been the wind conditions, but it seems the kill shots were consitently high.
1 frontal chest shot also hit a little higher than I aimed for, and the side shot I took hit high as well, probably causing an instantaneous paralysis from a low spine shot.

2 males, 1 female

I skinned and removed the breasts on the starlings and will cook them with Chinese-style vegetable stir-fry on rice this evening, and use a Korean BBQ bottled sauce.

amb5500c:
👍👍👍

Tater:
Do you soak the meat in brine?

lizzie:

--- Quote from: Tater on May 04, 2021, 02:36:35 PM ---Do you soak the meat in brine?

--- End quote ---

Imo, that isn't needed. I love starling breast as it comes off the bird. It is a very fine textured dark meat with a mild flavor....just a hint of liver flavor. If it was a large cut of meat, I wouls cut across the grain and grill it like a filet mignon.

Chris USA:
Well done there Rambo!   8)  Not too many people would think of yard birds as table fare,... let alone whack one up! :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version