GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Crosman 1377 Pump Linkage Durability

(1/1)

Kels73:
I recently purchased a Crosman 1377, and I've decided to modify it. I've read a lot of great posts about flat top pistons and valves, so I ordered both from MellonAir. I also ordered his solid pin and bushing upgrade to replace the roll pin in the pump arm. 

The flat top piston and valve appeal to me because of the improved efficiency and power they provide. However, I've read a few posts which suggest that power mods increase wear and tear of the pump linkage. I only intend to pump the gun 3-5 times for most shots. I'll pump it 10 times for pest elimination, maybe 12 at most.

Will my modification and manner of shooting significantly increase wear and tear of the pump linkage? If so, will the solid pin and bushing upgrade provide the needed additional strength?

Thanks in advance.

Madd Hatter:
Following.

DRose:
My experience has been that if the pivot is lubricated, moist, it will last a decade+ at 5 pumps. The real wear and tear comes with crazy high pressure produced at 12 or more pumps over and over.

Kels73:

--- Quote from: DRose on April 25, 2021, 08:17:24 PM ---My experience has been that if the pivot is lubricated, moist, it will last a decade+ at 5 pumps. The real wear and tear comes with crazy high pressure produced at 12 or more pumps over and over.

--- End quote ---

Good to know. Thanks.

OTmachine:
Is there a listing of 1377’s years and parts the can be upgraded on different ones?  I was given one with the plastic breech and would like to make it “Better”.
TIA,
Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version