GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Archery

Homemade air bolts

(1/3) > >>

Jwollheim:
Anyone made any air bolts themselves? I’m fixing to get a recluse and no where has the .35 bolts plus they are absurdly expensive. Would love some guidance cause it would hurt my Jewish soul to pay that much even if they were in stock.

AGEnthused2:
I’ve thought the same thing, last time I checked the air bolts are nearly $10 each.
Someone with skills to design and a 3d printer could make all the nocks they could ever use.
I believe that’s what they are called, arrow/bolt nocks with grooves for o-rings, the 3d printing route would be one option, the other could be as low tech as a flexible surgical tubing glued to the shaft.
I think pyramydair sells replacement nocks for air bolts, so who knows, that might be the easiest way to make your own.

Habanero69er:
I've been waiting on .357 air bolts for over two years. The nocks are out of stock also.   :(

Chris USA:
Nocks aside,.. there is quite a bit to making a good arrow. Length, shaft material, front weight vs rear weight, center of gravity and on and on. Arrow builder supply sites often have good tutorials linked to their site. Worth looking around and doing some study IMO.

I am cheap too and often prefer to make my own stuff. That said,.. even at $10 each,.. that still may be a bargain. 

Nomadic Pirate:
More important that the nock is the front adapter, it needs to sit in the crown

But I guess that could be done with a 3D printer too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version