GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Archery

My version of Air Archery

(1/14) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
An arrow with a good broadheard is absolutely devastating, the ability to deliver an arrow with pintpoint precision is huge most of all in thick vegetation conditions where you are able to thread the needle through trees and saplings.

I got my 2 REX .357 set up to shoot the Air Bolt, to my complete surprise the POI within 20 yards is the same with the Bolts as it is with the JSB pellets and that is huge,...also I'm not interested in an Arrow launcher that it's solely and arrow launcher, I want the ability to shoot both arrows and lead.

Here is my 2 Arrow guns

the Mini-Carbine

Easily backpackable

Shooting a 349gr arrow at a staggering 475 fps

the rifle is shooting a 389gr arrow at 505 fps

I'm extremely happy with my arrow guns, very light, short, balanced, manuvrable and crazy powerful

and most of all if ever needed I can load a .357 JSB pellet in seconds after I've shot an arrow.

Blowpipe Sam:
That is extremely impressive.  Looks like it would be a freakin death ray on piggies.  Have you considered shooting blunts for smaller game with them?  Do you shoot smaller game?

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: Blowpipe Sam on January 31, 2020, 08:29:45 PM ---That is extremely impressive.  Looks like it would be a freakin death ray on piggies.  Have you considered shooting blunts for smaller game with them?  Do you shoot smaller game?

--- End quote ---

That would be nuts :) :) the Mini-Carbine shoots them bolts at 175 FPE, the rifle 220 FPE,   

There is almost absolute certanty that it would blow through a small critter and the bolt would shatter against what ever it's behind, even shooting at a Porker there's a good chance of destroying the bolt or at least the broadhead.
Shooting a blunt tipped arrow also is the same thing as shooting a pellet at a small critter, no real advantage :) :)

oldpro:
 Dam Manny thats really impressive

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: oldpro on January 31, 2020, 08:49:13 PM --- Dam Manny thats really impressive

--- End quote ---

Travis, maybe you can explain this, it makes no sense to me:

the Mini Carbine is a 90-95 FPE gun wiith the JSB and gets about 6-8 shots per fill,...with the bolts becomes 175 FPE and gets 3 shots,.....I don't understand how that works.

Rifle the same, gone from 150 FPE to 220 FPE and reduced the shots on tap Dramatically

HOW DOES THAT WORK ?!?!?!?!?! :) :) LOL:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version