GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Fun Shoot By State Discussion Gate > Louisiana Fun Shooting Events

Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional (a.k.a. Chicken Coop Shoot)

(1/1)

acorneau:
February 22-23, 2020, the 2020 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

We're excited to announce the 2020 Chicken Coop Shoot! We've been very pleased with how the previous matches have gone and are hoping to continue improving. It’s a great time for fellowship and weather free shooting!

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are pictures of the range and previous matches at the website: (www.)teamhatchshootingfacility.com/gallery/.

Just like previous years, for those that do not attend the match I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 60 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will be shot Saturday February 22 with Sporter on Sunday February 23. Practice will be available Friday evening February 21. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

Online payment can be sent via Paypal (friends and family method) to garinhatch@gmail.com or to $GarinHatch on Square Cash or to @GarinHatch on Venmo. Please email your registration to garinhatch@gmail.com.

The range is sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

The address keeps wandering around on Google Maps so here are the coordinates: 32°15'41.7"N 92°35'26.9"W

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins, Deluxe Lodges, and Traditional Camp sites.) Deluxe Cabins sleep up to 8 people with 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper and the Deluxe Lodges sleep up to 14 people with 2 double beds, 4 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper. This has been spoken very highly of from several shooters. If some coordination can be made between a group of shooters, lodging can be very inexpensive.

The Jimmie Davis State Park incurred extensive tornado damage earlier this year. I called moments before posting this inquiring about the status of the cabins. As of right now, they have no functioning cabins. They would not give an anticipated date about having them repaired, but they had previously hoped to have four functioning before Thanksgiving though that did not happen. That leads me to believe they may have some available by February, but that's just a guess of mine. I would anticipate registering with them pretty close to the match date or booking elsewhere. Or I bet they have camp sites available if you're into that sort of thing.

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: garinhatch@gmail.com or my cell at 318-237-6353. Please contact me or see (www.)teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.

Bicycleman:
Just a friendly reminder:  When you get to Jonesboro, please obey the posted speed limit signs.  There is usually an officer on duty!  (You may ask me how I know!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version