GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Barra cowboy series 1866 MSP air rifle

(1/23) > >>

bantam5s:
I got an email from PA about this new gun and it appears they just came out yesterday, I believe Barra is bear river arms but am not really positive.
I could find nothing online about this new gun but thought it was cool and seems to likely be about the same internally as the sportsman 900 which I hear is a decent gun.
I thought it looked pretty cool and since the daisy spitting image won't be finding me any time soon I went ahead and ordered one.
$74.99 + Shipping and tax makes it $94.99 shipped, maybe a bit high but hopefully it's not too bad of a gun.

Kind of hokey to have a bolt action Winchester lever gun, but for a multi pump air rifle there's not a lot of options for loading and cocking it.
It looks like the hammer is the safety which is kind of cool.

I can't promise I'll do some major accuracy testing but as the first on the forum to own one I believe I'll definitely let everyone know what I find when I get it.

avator:
If you look at the PA spec sheet for the gun in the upper right hand corner you will see where it has a link to other Bear River air guns. This clearly suggests it's a bear River gun. If the receiver and pump arm are metal I'd be in for one at that price.
Nice find... I love the style.
Please keep us posted.

c_m_shooter:
The pump handle should at least give you some good leverage as long as you can keep the other hand from getting pinched.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: avator on October 24, 2019, 08:16:16 AM ---If you look at the PA spec sheet for the gun in the upper right hand corner you will see where it has a link to other Bear River air guns. This clearly suggests it's a bear River gun. If the receiver and pump arm are metal I'd be in for one at that price.
Nice find... I love the style.
Please keep us posted.

--- End quote ---
Will do.
I had an initial thought that the receiver could be metal, but the butt is listed as plastic and since the butt plate is the same color as the receiver I'm assuming the receiver is probably just vacuum metalized plastic.

avator:
None the less... I love the look. That plastic cocking knob concerns me a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version