GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Fun Shoot By State Discussion Gate > Illinois Fun Shooting Events

Hickory Hills Rod and Gun Tree surgery

(1/1)

DonC:
This Saturday several members pitched in and we cut down several trees to allow sunlight to feed the grass. More will be cut at another work party in September.
It's amazing how much work gets done when 11 guys are working in unison.
Our lakes have never had such high water and the airgun range gets flooded periodically. New grass is now possible with sunlight.

Tater:
Good to hear Don.
Have you heard any news about Joe's condition? I've been meaning to message him to see how he's doing.

JoeShmoe:

--- Quote from: Tater on June 24, 2019, 04:47:58 AM ---Good to hear Don.
Have you heard any news about Joe's condition? I've been meaning to message him to see how he's doing.

--- End quote ---

Well I had to quit the club and moved to Cincinnati, though I'm pretty sure you already knew that. I've been stuck almost entirely in bed. I saw the Cleveland clinic doctors a few weeks ago and they had no idea. But, the trip demonstrated that I can only deteriorate so much, so I'm slowly pushing the limits. I don't really think it's doing much yet, but resting hasn't worked so it's worth a shot. My dad has been doing even more research and we're going to try either CDB oil or a particular anti-inflammatory that works on brains. Which one we'll try first (if either) will be decided after we present the ideas to a serendipitous friend of my dad, who does research in a field related to the current working theory.

Don, did much of that grass seed I put down take? It seemed like some of it did before I talked, but I think I didn't put down enough. Also, any of those flowers I planted take? I just tossed a bag of variety flowers all along the river, just to see if they might pop up. The flooding is probably too much for most of them, I bet.

Pictures! Pictures!

Tater:
Thanks for the update Joe. Sorry to hear it's not gotten any better.
 Cleveland clinic wasn't able to help me at all either. I hope things improve for you, and please do keep us posted.

Sorry to derail the thread.

JoeShmoe:

--- Quote from: Tater on June 25, 2019, 02:47:41 AM ---Thanks for the update Joe. Sorry to hear it's not gotten any better.
 Cleveland clinic wasn't able to help me at all either. I hope things improve for you, and please do keep us posted.

Sorry to derail the thread.

--- End quote ---

I am genuinely interested in how that grass is turning out. Post some pictures Don!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version