GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Practice/(Failed) Attempt

(1/4) > >>

ER00z:
I have been trying to get things sorted out to join in on the NUAH fun. My target post is set up at ~105 yards via range finder from my back deck. Things weren't looking good with the Gamo Magnum, so I "dusted off" my Diana 54 Air King in .22 (a springer) to take some practice shots. After I thought I had the wind figured out, it changed it's mind  ;D
(No windage flags up right now)

Currently using a white foam board as a backer, it's quickly filling up with holes, but only 5 shots were taken at the target per attempt. I'll have to come up with something a bit different as a backer.

Here's peek to the 54's performance... The wind quit and landed those 3 shots whare I was holding on the right  >:(  :P  ;D

(Also, a previous photo through the range finder, from my shooting position to the same post with foam board pinned to it)

rsterne:
Glad to see you here, Zack.... You'll figure it out, and have a blast doing it!....  8)

Bob

ER00z:
Thanks Bob! I'm looking forward to reaching out with a few of my springers.  Looking through previous matches, I see there's some solid performers and have my work cut out for me. Hoping this year will have a good turnout.

Take care

ER00z:
Still a no-go...

It's Friday night after a crazy week, the Misses is cooking supper and rain was on the way. I know it takes a few shots for the Diana 54 to "warm up" and then a few more for me. So in a rush, I fire off 5 at 50 yards hoping the gun and I will "be in tune" then the NUAH target called to me... "Hey, bet you can't get me..."

Well I made an attempt again (photo below), but we (The gun and I) just weren't ready yet. Seems the last two, aside from windage, showed we were ready to rock. As I was half way to the target to post a fresh one up, the rain started to come  :(

With any luck, this will be the week. Also looking to get something good for the 100 yard match. So hold on guys (and gals) the springers are coming...  ;D

JuryRigger:
You're right on track; for sure!  :D
Most of your groups just needed a bit of shifting to center on the bull; and you'd have made Member already!  8)
Jesse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version