GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

AR-15 open sights on “pellet” guns.

(1/5) > >>

pricelessppp:
Can I use AR-15 Open sights on any air gun provided they have a way to mount the font and rear sight post on? I know how to mount the iron sights to my pellet guns. I’m just not sure how effective they might be?

Back_Roads:
 They work, I have done it more than once.

pricelessppp:

--- Quote from: Back_Roads on March 11, 2022, 08:22:37 PM --- They work, I have done it more than once.

--- End quote ---
Great to know! I’m thinking about getting some sights. Can they be positioned any length? And how many feet are they accurate up too?

Mr.P:
I am trying to get a peep sight set up on my aea airgun. Looks like you have a 3-D print clamped onto the end there, that is a good way to do it.  I had printed one that slipped over the end but just friction fit. Works ok but can slip if bumped obviously.  I am going to follow your example, thank you

Back_Roads:
 On the Hatsan 125, I used a riser mount on the rear sight, and a scope flashlight mount on the muzzle break to get proper alignment. the 2260 AR I used Buck Rail barrel mounts and lined them up with the reflex dot sight for a co-witness setup. If one has issues with bumping sights out of alignment use contact cement to give them more grip, I just made sure the barrels were free of oils etc. before mounting, and used maximum torque to set them firm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version