GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

BB trap for paper targets

(1/3) > >>

GaryG:
Built a 1/4" plate steel trap that holds 8.5"X11" targets I print onto photo paper from the targets available on GTA.  I enjoy 10M fully supported bench shooting pellets at these with my FWB 300S Match!  But recently I've gotten into front supported only shooting my vintage Daisy Model No.25 and Daisy Model No. 98 Eagle from 25'.  So I am looking to either build or buy a BB trap for indoor use for these low powered air rifles.  I've been shooting into a box with a beach towel inside but would like to find something better!  Thanks.

Frenchcaster:
Hi Gary.
A steel backed box with a layer of duct seal putty over the steel should work well. Quite silent and traps the shot well.
Cheers
Andreas

GaryG:
I think I have found the best solution for 10M (or less) basement shooting with the variety of BB and pellet guns.
I have an 8.5"X11"X2.5" deep 1/4" plate steel pellet trap that holds my regulation GTA and MOA paper targets.  For precision pellet shooting with my Daisy FWB 300S Match rifle, I use 10M and 50' targets I print off from GTA.  Some are for Peep sight shooting and some are for scope shooting, all fully supported from a bench!  Then I put 11 layers of corrugated cardboard inside my pellet trap for shooting BB's with low power air rifles and air pistols.  If I can get my pictures to load, you will see my trap for pellets and low power BB's and favorite targets.

Frank:
Rubber Mulch Trap:  https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2021/10//rubber-mulch-trap-part-2/
tom Gaylord shows how to make it !!

GaryG:
I like this system since it is easy to switch back and forth from BB's to Pellets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version