Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Any LDC’s or the like made for the 880?  (Read 600 times))

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
Any LDC’s or the like made for the 880?
« on: July 17, 2021, 12:09:04 PM »
Hey all, looking to quiet the bark and/or possibly do other mods to my new 880. I understand a forum member used to make the LDC’s for the 880, but no longer does. Does anyone else make or sell something to quiet the thing down a little?

Thanks a lot,

Dan
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22
Gen 2 Benjamin Marauder (Synrod) .22

Offline Garpo

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: Any LDC’s or the like made for the 880?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »
Hey all, looking to quiet the bark and/or possibly do other mods to my new 880. I understand a forum member used to make the LDC’s for the 880, but no longer does. Does anyone else make or sell something to quiet the thing down a little?

Thanks a lot,

Dan

Buck Rail used to make them but no longer does (maybe concerned about trouble from the "AFT").  However, you can make your own if you have a 3D printer:  https://buck-rail.com/suppressors/
  • USA, Alabama
I smoke cigars and I know things.

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 11:50:52 AM »

Thanks a lot,

Dan

Buck Rail used to make them but no longer does (maybe concerned about trouble from the "AFT").  However, you can make your own if you have a 3D printer:  https://buck-rail.com/suppressors/

I definitely don’t lol. Guess I’ll just have to keep looking or make my own the real “make your own” way haha.
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22

Offline martis880

• Shooter
  • yes
    • 880ldc
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 12:59:27 PM »
I just started selling my model in the hobbiest classifieds. I made a coupon code "EarlyAdopter" for $5 off, it's only valid for the first 5 buyers though.

In the design process I found I had to balance making the gun quieter with accuracy (and production speed), so I wound up with a design that muffles the sound enough for me to shoot 10 pumps in my yard and doesn't result in larger groups.
  • USA, CA, Menlo Park
* Daisy 880 + 880ldc.com
* Ruger impact elite
* Artemis CR600w
* Artemis CP2

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 01:00:41 PM »
I just started selling my model in the hobbiest classifieds. I made a coupon code "EarlyAdopter" for $5 off, it's only valid for the first 5 buyers though.

In the design process I found I had to balance making the gun quieter with accuracy (and production speed), so I wound up with a design that muffles the sound enough for me to shoot 10 pumps in my yard and doesn't result in larger groups.

Ok sweet! How do I put my name down for one?
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22

Offline Ronno6

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 01:09:12 PM »
Mr. Patrick,

Nice job!!!!
  • United States of America,Stone County, Mississippi
You can lead a man to water, but you can't keep him from urinating in it.

Offline martis880

• Shooter
  • yes
    • 880ldc
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 03:30:17 PM »
thanks Ron - you inspired me haha
  • USA, CA, Menlo Park
* Daisy 880 + 880ldc.com
* Ruger impact elite
* Artemis CR600w
* Artemis CP2

Offline EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 05:45:15 PM »
Buck-Rail is making threaded them again, but he doesn't have the Daisy shown. All I see is a threaded one. Here's his blog post about it.

https://buck-rail.com/2021/08/02/1-2-20-unf-suppressors-are-back-on/
  • Gray, Ga

Offline Matchstickshooter

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »

Is this the one featured on "Oh Shoot's" You tube Video?  Looks to be decent!
  • Lyndon,Vt.
Crosman 1377RC pistol .177 slightly modded
Crosman 1077             .177
Crosman  1322 carbine  .22
Crosman   2240 carbine .22
Crosman 1400 3rd variant   .22
Crosman 760 metal from parts .177
Crosman 788 BB Scout 
Daisy Powerline 853c     .177
Daisy M/M 880 Shadow (FrankenDaisy) .177
Chinese WF600P B3 underlever  .22
Daisy Adult Red Ryder     BB
Daisy Buck                      BB

Offline mrbulk

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Little things affect little minds” - Thoreau
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »
If you can find an adapter for the 880 that ends with male 1/2"-20 unf threads, then most available silencers can be easily spun on.
  • Las Vegas, NV, USA
Remember that none of this will matter in a hundred years. Have fun now.

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 01:43:54 PM »
If you can find an adapter for the 880 that ends with male 1/2"-20 unf threads, then most available silencers can be easily spun on.

For 25 bucks why mess around when Martis880 has one ready to go for you? I ordered one and it’ll be here tomorrow. I think I was the first customer lol.
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22

Offline martis880

• Shooter
  • yes
    • 880ldc
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 04:39:31 PM »

Haha yeah, I've been asking Travis from that channel a bunch of questions about airguns ever since I stumbled into the hobby a month ago, he always gets back to me with great answers.
  • USA, CA, Menlo Park
* Daisy 880 + 880ldc.com
* Ruger impact elite
* Artemis CR600w
* Artemis CP2

Offline martis880

• Shooter
  • yes
    • 880ldc
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2021, 04:57:50 PM »
I think I was the first customer lol.

Yes first and only haha. 'EarlyAdopter' coupon is still live.

We'll see how this goes. I think there might be a good reason most places stopped making 880 suppressors. Just not enough demand, and hard to find a price that makes sense for both parties when it's a $36 gun.

It is fun though. My fiancé was on night rotation this week, I used the opportunity to do some night ratting out of our bedroom window. Even at 10 pumps the noise is softer than the acorns falling on the yard sheds (which is actually pretty loud) so I was able to be discrete. I need to get a proper noise meter so I can run some tests.
  • USA, CA, Menlo Park
* Daisy 880 + 880ldc.com
* Ruger impact elite
* Artemis CR600w
* Artemis CP2

Offline mrbulk

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Little things affect little minds” - Thoreau
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 05:20:33 PM »

For 25 bucks why mess around when Martis880 has one ready to go for you? I ordered one and it’ll be here tomorrow. I think I was the first customer lol.

In that case I eagerly look forward to your review.

I have found that an LDC which works well in one gun can be completely displaced and out-silenced by an “inferior” LDC on another gun. And shrouded vs bare barrel guns can yield yet another set of dB readings entirely.

You need to find the right LDC for the specific gun you shoot through it, many times results can surprise.

For example a large, Neil Clague custom built 50fpe unit can be Louder than a smaller unit on different guns, but tested on that big 50fpe gun that Neil designed it for, I would wager it is finally quieter than the “inferior” unit.

Then soundmeter test those two units on exactly the same gun, but on a different day in different weather conditions, and the dB meter readings will change yet again.

Even changing the ammo and the results can change Again, as well as simply firing a gun Without ammo - you’ll get different readings Yet again. 

Lots of variables, which is why my next (and final) test of a variety of new silencers will likely have different loudest/softest units even once more.

Looking forward to reading all about your findings on the Mantis880 unit arriving tomorrow.👍🏼
  • Las Vegas, NV, USA
Remember that none of this will matter in a hundred years. Have fun now.

Offline Matchstickshooter

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 05:39:49 PM »

Oops didn't see the answer.     I've been watching a few of his videos when I find them.    Yes, Sir, that's a good one!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:48:26 PM by Matchstickshooter »
  • Lyndon,Vt.
Crosman 1377RC pistol .177 slightly modded
Crosman 1077             .177
Crosman  1322 carbine  .22
Crosman   2240 carbine .22
Crosman 1400 3rd variant   .22
Crosman 760 metal from parts .177
Crosman 788 BB Scout 
Daisy Powerline 853c     .177
Daisy M/M 880 Shadow (FrankenDaisy) .177
Chinese WF600P B3 underlever  .22
Daisy Adult Red Ryder     BB
Daisy Buck                      BB

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 10:22:25 PM »
I think I was the first customer lol.

Yes first and only haha. 'EarlyAdopter' coupon is still live.

We'll see how this goes. I think there might be a good reason most places stopped making 880 suppressors. Just not enough demand, and hard to find a price that makes sense for both parties when it's a $36 gun.

It is fun though. My fiancé was on night rotation this week, I used the opportunity to do some night ratting out of our bedroom window. Even at 10 pumps the noise is softer than the acorns falling on the yard sheds (which is actually pretty loud) so I was able to be discrete. I need to get a proper noise meter so I can run some tests.

Hey if I can pop off rounds without spooking my gun-shy Doberman, it’ll be marvelous in my book.
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2021, 10:24:11 PM »

In that case I eagerly look forward to your review.

I have found that an LDC which works well in one gun can be completely displaced and out-silenced by an “inferior” LDC on another gun. And shrouded vs bare barrel guns can yield yet another set of dB readings entirely.

You need to find the right LDC for the specific gun you shoot through it, many times results can surprise.

For example a large, Neil Clague custom built 50fpe unit can be Louder than a smaller unit on different guns, but tested on that big 50fpe gun that Neil designed it for, I would wager it is finally quieter than the “inferior” unit.

Then soundmeter test those two units on exactly the same gun, but on a different day in different weather conditions, and the dB meter readings will change yet again.

Even changing the ammo and the results can change Again, as well as simply firing a gun Without ammo - you’ll get different readings Yet again. 

Lots of variables, which is why my next (and final) test of a variety of new silencers will likely have different loudest/softest units even once more.

Looking forward to reading all about your findings on the Mantis880 unit arriving tomorrow.👍🏼

No doubt, you guys will be the first to hear about it.

Or not hear...(terrible dad joke, I know.)

Edit: Oh poop, I just checked the shipping and it appears as if the LDC will be arriving later than originally expected. It’s in Chicago rn and it’s gotta get to Michigan and then change hands 3 times between diff post offices —going past my house and about 30 mins out of the way twice before they bring it back down to metro Detroit and actually put it on my doorstep. I don’t understand USPS sometimes i.e. Into Detroit, way up to Pontiac, back down to Detroit, then delivered...like why?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:45:16 PM by Thebloodyhound90 »
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22

Offline martis880

• Shooter
  • yes
    • 880ldc
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 07:47:44 PM »
I recently launched two new LDC models, a longer 7 baffle version and a shorter 4 baffle one.

The shorter one is basically the same as the previous model I sold in terms of noise reduction but it's slimmer so it's easier to use with iron sights.

I also have prototypes available for sale (while supplies last) on the site, these all perform well, they just aren't the same dimensions as what I landed on so I'm selling them off separately at a discount.
  • USA, CA, Menlo Park
* Daisy 880 + 880ldc.com
* Ruger impact elite
* Artemis CR600w
* Artemis CP2

Offline Garpo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 10:12:53 AM »

I'll have to try one of these new ones on my 880.  My old LDC is no longer effective with collecting lead dust.   ;)
  • USA, Alabama
I smoke cigars and I know things.

Offline Spacebus

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 10:55:17 AM »
Would it work for a 901? Wouldn't mind supporting a niche business if it is affordable.
  • USA, ME,  Machias
Diana Bandit .177 (7 FPE)
Daisy 901 (9 FPE with tin)
Seneca Eagle Claw .25 (58 FPE 19.91 H&N Green - 75.6 FPE 43.5 NSA)
A.E.A. .45 Bullpup (500 FPE 305g 860 FPS)