Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Crosman 362  (Read 1065 times))

Offline EdinGa

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: Crosman 362
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2022, 01:02:49 PM »
I'm getting just over 12 fpe with the 18 inch 25 caliber barrel and Vortex Strike 24.7s. It shoots them almost as well as AA 25.4s so I'm happy to have a cheaper pellet that it likes. I could probably squeeze out some more power but I'm fine  with it like this at the ranges I'll be shooting it.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline Mzq284

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2022, 03:02:01 PM »
Anyone  that has a  bum 362 barrel can send it my way, I'll tinker with it!

Ed, theres a 25 in my future.  I have a 25 upper to finish for a 1325 first, then a 365. I don't know if ill go Baker breech, or make one, theyre a bit of work to figure out. Please keep us in the loop as you progress with yours.

I like the power the 362 has, i dont think 40 yards is a stretch at all, especially with heavier pellets. I shot fresh, shiny pellets one evening with the sun over my left shoulder and could see the pellets flying to the target 60ish yards away. The19gr NOEs fly flat enough and hit hard. With the medium weight pin in the mold, the trajectory flattens quite a bit over 60 yards, but they start veering off between 40 and 50yds. Twist rate is a touch slow for the velocity. Maybe after i can hot rod it they will stabilize better. For now, the 19s are the hunting pellet.
  • USA, MI, Avoca

Offline EdinGa

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2022, 03:17:52 PM »

Ed, theres a 25 in my future.  I have a 25 upper to finish for a 1325 first, then a 365. I don't know if ill go Baker breech, or make one, theyre a bit of work to figure out. Please keep us in the loop as you progress with yours.

I think I'm probably done with mine. I like it at this power level and it likes the cheap Vortex pellets. It's also really quiet with nothing but a muzzle break and that makes a short handy package for feeder patrol.
  • Gray, Ga