Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Unofficial submission, I don't have the official target.  (Read 174 times))

Offline Lt. Dan

• N.U.A.H. Member
  • GTA Senior Contributor
    • Gaither Vocal Band - Sinner Saved by Grace
Unofficial submission, I don't have the official target.
« on: May 15, 2022, 07:26:08 PM »
This is not an official submission.  I don't have any way of printing the official target. I was wondering if the picture taken with my phone through my range finder of the 100 yard distance from my patio would suffice.

If I had an official target and shot this group (3 of the 5 are within a 4" circle) would it be enough for me to obtain membership?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 07:32:21 PM by Lt. Dan »
  • USA, Mississippi,  Jones County
Words to Live By:  Before You Pray - Believe;  Before You Speak - Listen;  Before You Spend - Earn;  Before You Write - Think;  Before You Quit - Try;  Before You Die - Live

Offline rsterne

• Member 2000+fps Club
  • Bob and Lloyd
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • GTA Forums Person of the Year 2017
Re: Unofficial submission, I don't have the official target.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 02:03:07 AM »
Looks to me that on the proper target, you would be able to qualify as a Member.... 

Nice job!....

Bob
  • Coalmont, BC, Canada
🇺🇦 Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since! 🇺🇦

Airsenal:
1750 CO2 Carbine, .177 Uber-Pumper, .22 Uber-Carbine, .25 Discovery, 2260 PCP 8-shot Carbine, 2260 HPA (37 FPE), 2560 HPA (52 FPE), XS-60c HPA in .30 cal (90 FPE), .22 cal QB79 HPA, Disco Doubles in .22, .25 & .30 cal, "Hayabusa" Custom PCP Project (Mk.I is .22 & .25 cal regulated; Mk.II is .224, .257, 7mm, .308 & .357; Mk.III is .410 shotgun and .458 cal), .257 "Monocoque" Benchrest PCP, .172/6mm Regulated PCP and .224/.257 Unregulated, Three regulated BRods in .25 cal (70 FPE), .30 cal (100 FPE) & .35 cal (145 FPE), .257 Condor (180 FPE).

Offline Lt. Dan

• N.U.A.H. Member
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 07:51:19 AM »
Looks to me that on the proper target, you would be able to qualify as a Member.... 

Nice job!....

Bob
Thanks Bob. I need to find someone who can print some targets for me.  And I need to use a more stable rest. LOL
My main purpose yesterday was to see if the RWS 460 .22 was up to the task.  I shot two targets, I only posted the one, the other was very similar but with only three within the 4" circle.

Words to Live By:  Before You Pray - Believe;  Before You Speak - Listen;  Before You Spend - Earn;  Before You Write - Think;  Before You Quit - Try;  Before You Die - Live

Offline Firewalker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pray for Ukraine, save her from the Russian BEAST!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 09:16:50 AM »

Nice job!....

Bob
Thanks Bob. I need to find someone who can print some targets for me.  And I need to use a more stable rest. LOL
My main purpose yesterday was to see if the RWS 460 .22 was up to the task.  I shot two targets, I only posted the one, the other was very similar but with only three within the 4" circle.

Pssst!, How many do you need?
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
"If I spend my hard eraned money on an airgun, especially a mid to high end airgun and it has any issues whatsoever, I'm boxing it up and sending it back where it came from. Nope, nope, nope... don't say you fixed it and send it back to me. I didn't buy a refurb and I don't want a refurb back.
Show me your customer service.. Take a new gun off the shelf and have your tech verify that it passes all the quality checks then send it to me. No sir... I don't want a discount or a store credit or a partial refund... I want exactly what I paid for and exactly what you said you were selling me. If you can't do that then stay out of my mailbox with your spam mail.
That's part of the problem with retail these days.. We, the consumer settles for whatever shovel full of stuff they feed us.
Shame on us for that."
-Bill

Offline Lt. Dan

• N.U.A.H. Member
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »

Nice job!....

Bob

That's a good question. I think I might be able to adapt some of what I have for practice. I'll only need the official ones for submission.

I noticed there are 4 different NUAH targets.  Hmm?  Maybe a couple of each and then I could take them to have copies made.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:51:08 AM by Lt. Dan »

Offline JuryRigger

• NUAH Club Member
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pop-Whiz-Clunk! :D
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 12:36:30 PM »
Good shooting Dan!  :D
Jesse
  • Ohio
"Numbers don't lie until they're cherry-picked statistics"-Forest Addy
"Genius errs, if possible, more badly than pedantry. But mathematics, properly directed, cannot fail."-Captain Nemo

Offline Firewalker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pray for Ukraine, save her from the Russian BEAST!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »

Nice job!....

Bob

That's a good question. I think I might be able to adapt some of what I have for practice. I'll only need the official ones for submission.

I noticed there are 4 different NUAH targets.  Hmm?  Maybe a couple of each and then I could take them to have copies made.

Ok, shoot me an email and I'll get them in the mail.
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
"If I spend my hard eraned money on an airgun, especially a mid to high end airgun and it has any issues whatsoever, I'm boxing it up and sending it back where it came from. Nope, nope, nope... don't say you fixed it and send it back to me. I didn't buy a refurb and I don't want a refurb back.
Show me your customer service.. Take a new gun off the shelf and have your tech verify that it passes all the quality checks then send it to me. No sir... I don't want a discount or a store credit or a partial refund... I want exactly what I paid for and exactly what you said you were selling me. If you can't do that then stay out of my mailbox with your spam mail.
That's part of the problem with retail these days.. We, the consumer settles for whatever shovel full of stuff they feed us.
Shame on us for that."
-Bill

Offline Lt. Dan

• N.U.A.H. Member
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 01:36:54 PM »
Thanks David. Email sent.

I finish off that tin of pellets and opened a new one. Of course the first few of the new tin where scattered. After about 10 pellets the rifle settled down. I think this new tin shows promise.