GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

How do you raise the comb to match the scope height?

(1/3) > >>

yukonsmith:
I have a Gamo Coyote and the lowest scope mounts but still cannot get the proper cheek weld.   I want to do one of several thing any of which would raise the comb the 1/2 to 3/4 " needed.   Right now I have a piece of foam taped to the stock and it is just right.  However nobody else can shoot because they are laughing to friggin hard!

I want to cut the stock and install the posts to allow raising and lowering the comb to the right height.  I looked around to find the hardware kit but no luck.  Any answers???

Next problem is how to hold the stock level while cutting the comb of with the bandsaw.  Some kind of a cradle or is there a better way?

Looking forward to your ideas and loud laughter..   Nick

Mark Davis:
Bondo will do lots of modifications.

If your friends were rolling around laughing over taped foam...well, just think how easy it will be to out shoot them now.

lefteyeshot:
You can try your jaw line or chin. Also Bear Tooth brand makes some slip over recoil pads and also slipover cheek rest that have different size foam inserts that work. BassPro has'em but they're costly. Maybe you can find them.

Roadworthy:
Once upon a time I had a lace on leather cheek pad on a shotgun.  It looked okay and got no laughs.  I don't recall the brand and have no idea if they're still available.

yukonsmith:
Thanks guys,  thats a good start.  I use bondo to recondition  the inserts on my table saw so they are zero clearance. Never thought about using it on the stock.   I also like the Bear Tooth idea/ I will start there .  Looking forward to what you think up next.   Nick.  By the way this little used $300.00 gun runs right with the  $1200 rigs.   BSA makes some fine barrels and action. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version