GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Work table favorite vice?

(1/1)

Nvreloader:
Guys

What is your favorite work table vice?
I love this vice, can be used with just about any soft/hard padded jaws,
works at all angles including hold bbls straight up and down with grooved soft jaw pads etc.
I use 2 of these vices mounted on the corner of my 2 wooden work benches that are about 4' apart,
holds the bbl in one and the stock in the other etc.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Parrot-Vise/D3125

This is a direct copy of the OLD Versa-vice by Will Burt vise comp, that looks just like them that I used in the early 60's,
the price on these old vices will scare you.

https://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=will+burt+vise&_blrs=spell_check

Your thoughts...... any vice better for general work?

Tia,
Don

Blacktalon6:
At work I have a Wilton vise. Lifetime warranty on it. I broke two smaller ones so they got me this one. It is just over 200 LBS. 6" vice. They told me to try and break it. I have and it has been over 8 years now and it is still holding up  ;D

rrdstarr:

--- Quote from: Blacktalon6 on October 07, 2017, 04:36:28 PM ---At work I have a Wilton vise. Lifetime warranty on it. I broke two smaller ones so they got me this one. It is just over 200 LBS. 6" vice. They told me to try and break it. I have and it has been over 8 years now and it is still holding up  ;D

--- End quote ---

Same here!  One for the machine shop and one in my wood shop.

Bob Pratl:
I purchased one of the Grizzly vises which I find to be very handy for odd shape objects. It's sort of light duty and not designed to be pounded on like you can do with a good Wilton.
The best feature is that you can mount the vise sideways for long vertical parts.

Nvreloader:
Bob

Yep, I love mine,
have 2 of them, mounted of the work benches, 3' walk way between them, useful for all the work.  ;)

Have a 18" section of 200# railroad track for the anvil use, and the HD Wilton vice on a bench corner.

Tia,
Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version