GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Goat hunting.

(1/13) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
I used to bowhunt this valley way before I ever got into airguns so it has to be 17-18 years ago.

I heard a couple years ago that now the area has Spanish goat in it.

Yesterday I had my first chance of going to scout the valley,....it changed so much since last time I was there, like most valleys do around here even in short time spans.

Anyway, at 12:15 I got into a nice heard, then 20 minutes later I saw 3 more goats and I even got into 2 small hogs at around 1:30.

Hopefully in the near future I'll find sometime to go hunt there,...it should be fun  ;D

uglymike:
How big are those goats Manny? I'm wondering what will be your weapon of choice? Do they taste as good BBQ as the goats on the mainland?  ;)

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: uglymike on August 26, 2021, 05:22:12 PM ---How big are those goats Manny? I'm wondering what will be your weapon of choice? Do they taste as good BBQ as the goats on the mainland?  ;)

--- End quote ---

The old males get pretty big, I will be bringing one of my REX .357 goats are easier to take down than pigs with the body shot

Traxxx:
Mmmmmmm tacos de cabra.  ;D

Nomadic Pirate:
Was just fine tuning my zero on the REX .357 Mini-Carbine shooting the Matts bullets 158gr Hollowpoint at 25 Yards.

She is the gun of choice for this hunt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version