GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Birthday Hakim

(1/2) > >>

bavaria55n:
My wife bought me a Hakim air rifle. It has been in 'jail' for a few months but released on my birthday.
I have wanted one of these for a long time to go with my real Hakim.
The Hakim battle rifle is an 8mm semi-automatic  adopted by Egypt in the early 1950's. It is a modification of the Swedish AG42b Ljungman.
The air rifle trainers were built for Egypt by Anschutz copying the 1947 BSA Airsporter for the insides. The stock and fittings mimic the Hakim.
It is an underlever, tap loader in .22 caliber.
It is big and heavy like the battle rifle, over 10 lbs and 45" long.
Like most of these it looks like it was run over by a herd of camels.
They all have the flaming deaths head stamping on them.
It is complete and seems to shoot well, it is cold outside so didn't shoot it much.
Now all I have to do is dig out an Egyptian sling for it.
Interestingly it has grooves on the rear of the receiver cap so it may end up with a red dot or reflex sight on it come summer.

Now I need one of the 22 Long Rifle trainers.
Gary

K.O.:
There are only two springers that I want... one is the Hakim Trainer... the other a Stirling...

Now here is a bit of a story... on ebay was watching for a Hakim trainer and got twigged to a Hakim trainer barrel... so bid on it and got it for about 25$ shipped... probably the only one who knew it was an Anschutz pellet barrel

Then notice it said length was 25"... and I was what..? the barrel should  be much shorter than that... so I looked and realized I had the Beretta .22lr barrel from the Hakim .22lr trainer..... I will have it turned for a .25 Marauder Breech...

These pellet trainers are getting hard to find... I would say the wife is a keeper.. :D

45flint:
Those are well built German rifles, most have been beat to *(&^ as Army trainers.  Gaylord has a excellent blog on them.

Slavia:
On mine the tap seals so well that the piston pulls a vacuum on cocking.  The problem with that is that the transfer port is bore-size, and it's possible to pull a pellet backwards into the compression chamber.  (Mine came with mashed up bits of lead at the cylinder head.)  Close the tap really slowly until the air stops hissing and you will be fine. 

bavaria55n:
I would like to have one of the .22 LR's.

As you can see this one look like most of the others but it is (was) a quality gun. Mechanics seem good.

Thanks for the warning. Never would have thought that was a possibility.

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version