GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Carving a Dan

(1/42) > >>

Yng@hrt:
Spent time on the net & came across some amazing work by a wood carver. I'm sure this attempt will be nothing like his but my wife said to occupy my time with something that'll keep me off eBay.  :( If this doesn't do it nothing will.

First attempt at drawing the scene ended up too small, so this morning I tried it again & I think this might work. The sacrificial lamb is the Silver Streak I buffed & polished a while back so I figured why not. If I screw it up you'll be the first to know. Sometime today or tomorrow I'll transfer the scene onto the stock. Bare with me...no telling how long this will take... 

DanD:
That's a cool design.
keeping off ebay.... I've started running my hare brained purchase impulses past my girlfriend before buying.  She adds the voice of reason- "... it has scratches... is it a great deal?... is it rare?.... will we actually shoot it?....don't you already have one/ several of those?....maybe you should save for something nicer...."  she really wants a UK walnut Longbow .22. I'm with her on that.

Mryan21:
Very nice design, be sure to show us how it turns out

45flint:
Very cool!

Yng@hrt:
This is the goal. Getting there remains to be seen. What I can say is the highlighting & stain tones will be a challenge given the wood he used. 

There's a ton of wood that needs to be removed. Gonna look worse before it looks better...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version