GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

One of the most compelling reasons to buy good vintage airguns

(1/23) > >>

45flint:
Yes if your in this section you probably love vintage airguns just because.  But I was reading in the General Airgun section about someone wanting recommendations for a good backyard rifle after his $100 Walmart special wasn’t proving too accurate.  So many people throw money down the drain buying new airguns that actually can never hold a candle to airguns made 30 years ago?  Also as I have found out this month if you change directions you can sell good vintage airguns for what you paid for them for more?  Sold too vintage airguns that no longer interested me made a profit on both.

bantam5s:
You can also often save money on a good shooter if you go vintage, if you don't mind lots of " character " and maybe a little TLC anyways.

shovelhead:
Plus you get that satisfied feeling of tweaking a worn campaigner back to life and making it yours.

buellm2:
I'm still planning to get into air pistol competition at my fish and game club.   I use oddball powder burners from the 60s and 70s during summer outdoor matches.  I'd love to use an unusual, vintage air pistol and rifle for winter indoor matches.  Anybody have suggestions on what I could use that is reasonably priced?

Bryan Heimann:
For sure I would hesitate to buy new again, unless I found a better deal that I could get used.  Same goes for firearms.  New depreciates too fast, used typically appreciates if you buy quality and take good care of it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version