GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Bargain Gate

It's back!! RWS 34P .177 at Cabelas - $150 (w/4x32AO)[Deal dead (again) @05Feb]

<< < (30/30)

only1harry:

--- Quote from: tsakula on March 14, 2019, 11:30:38 AM ---guys if you have rear sight screw or rear sight please let me know

--- End quote ---

Like Jeff said, call Umarex and try to convince them to send you the rear sight screw.  That's what I would do.  If Umarex wants you to pay for it, take pictures of the box and rear sight of the 34 and call Cabelas.  Tell them to send you the rear screw, or pay Umarex to ship it to you, or give you credit, Cabelas bucks, etc.

Harry

UhClem:

--- Quote from: tsakula on March 14, 2019, 11:30:38 AM ---guys if you have rear sight screw or rear sight please let me know

--- End quote ---
Niko,
I suggest you contact Diana, in Germany. (Contact). They're closest to (your) Georgia. And, since it sounds like you used a go-between or two to get your 34P, Cabelas and Umarex might have no record of you. After examining my rear sight, it seems unlikely that yours came off during shipping; the spring-loaded ramp, combined with the detents, prevents "accidental" un-screwing (but, Murphy ...?). My bet is a production-line botch; never installed.

Good luck.
------
As for the packaging/shipping issues, it's on Umarex--if they want to offer their customer (Cabelas) drop-ship service, they should do it right. jccams nailed it--all they needed was a wad of brown-paper in each end of the outer box. A $.01 solution.

jccams:
I agree, try to contact Diana.  Even though I was lucky and the packing issue didn't result in any cosmetic damage to mine, it has a manufacturing defect and Umarex has been useless and unwilling to help.  Mine will more than likely going back to Cabela's in the near future.  Hopefully you have better luck getting your problem resolved.

jccams:
Niko,

I don't know if it helps or not but the PN for the rear sight is 30839200, they do not list the part you are looking for separately, this is the complete rear sight assembly.

superchikn:
Guys,
I was the go between.  I purchased from Cabelas and shipped to Niko's friend in Delaware who shipped it overseas. 

The inner box was surrounded with paper wads just like always.  The gun arrived in perfect condition to me, I fired a few shots and did a lube tune and adjusted the pivot bolt packaged it back up and sent it to Delaware.  The trip to Europe and through customs has taken a few weeks and is when the damage occurred (of course it may have happened on the short trip to Delaware but I doubt it).  I would say this is an isolated incident and not likely that Cabelas or Umarex will cover the damage unfortunately due to the nature of the transaction.
Personally I would not hesitate to purchase another of these guns from Cabelas as the issue was clearly not at their end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version