Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Any hope for improving Diana Two-forty trigger?  (Read 161 times))

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
Any hope for improving Diana Two-forty trigger?
« on: June 22, 2022, 09:05:35 PM »
Has anyone done anything to improve the trigger on the Chinese made Diana Two-forty.  I think this little thing could shoot pretty well but the trigger is heavy and just hard to tell when or where it will fire.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline 5150

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: Any hope for improving Diana Two-forty trigger?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 02:18:30 AM »
I thought the Diana 240 was made in Germany.
  • CA Rancho Cucamonga

Offline Roadworthy

• Honorary GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:08 AM »
The 240 was made in Germany.  The two-forty was not.  The 240 used a T05 or T06 trigger.  I have no idea what the two-forty uses.
  • Near the Southern Coast of Washington State
Real knowledge is knowing the extent of one's ignorance.

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 10:41:51 AM »
I thought the Diana 240 was made in Germany.

Best I can tell is if it says two-forty it's made in China.  It seems like a good little plinker if not for this trigger.  I guess you get what you pay for. :D
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline DanD

• Nod and smile.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • A solid maybe
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 01:01:58 PM »
Does it have an adjustment screw?
  • Binghamton, NY

Offline lefteyeshot

• without hope, without fear
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 04:00:33 PM »
Looks like a mini Air Hawk/XS25. Wonder if it's got an Airhawk/XS25 trigger. Safety and trigger look similar.
  • Savannah, Ga.
Diana 470th, 56th, 350 PC
BSF c60
Parrus wood
Dominator 200 carbine
Proxima
Synergis
Win. 1000w, 800w, 1100w, 1100s
Webley .22 Jaguar
Mendoza RM2800 repeater
Norica Massimo .22, Black Eagle
CZ631, 2 CZ634
Hammerli X2 dual cal.(Mendoza)
Beeman RS2.177/.22
Air Hawk Elite wood T.H.
Storm in Benj. T.H. stock, GRT
3 Crosman 3100(Spain)
Steoger Ducks Unlimited X3
RWS93 (Spain)
RWS320 (China)
2 TF99, TF59 GRT
TF89 (chopped, shrouded Beeman .22 Brl.)
B40, B26-2, B21, B20
2 B3-1
4 Peak B4-2
Model 62
2 QB6,
2 QB57
2 Fast Deer
2 B3-1AK
AR2078B, AR2078T.H.
Zogunz Hawk 010 .22 co2 (Phil.)
EIG 1353 co2 (Japan)
XSP 120D single stroke dual cal. pistol
P17, Steoger XP4 single stroke pistol

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 06:51:57 PM »

No adjustment screw.  I took it out of the stock and still see no screws to adjust anything.  I put some oil the trigger group.  Maybe that will work down in someplace and help.

Thanks for the reply.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline DanD

• Nod and smile.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • A solid maybe
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 09:44:50 PM »

No adjustment screw.  I took it out of the stock and still see no screws to adjust anything.  I put some oil the trigger group.  Maybe that will work down in someplace and help.

Thanks for the reply.

That's a bummer. I had a German 240 pass through my hands a few years ago. It had an adjustable T05 trigger. It wasn't too heavy and was nice and crisp.
Too bad Diana downgraded the trigger but they probably had to meet a pricepoint. The 240s sold like hotcakes when they went on clearance for $100, but I don't think they moved as well at $150-$200 retail.
  • Binghamton, NY

Offline PelletSport

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 06:50:50 PM »
I think the Diana two forty (spelled in letters, not numbers) is the Chinese Xisico xs b12 with a direct sear trigger.
If you look up xs b12 trigger mod you should find what you need. (Very high grit sandpaper polish on the contact surfaces of the sear hook and piston catch. Be careful not to change the angle of the metal. Then apply a thin coat of molybdenum You can go further with a weaker return spring and shortening the sear hook with a file, but it gets more likely to misfire.)
Mike Melick of Flying Dragon Air Rifles is a wiz with those triggers.
Once the trigger was settled on my b12 it became a really fun, accurate shooter.
I hope this helps.

The German made Diana 240 (spelled in numbers) has the to5 trigger. Mine had a bent cocking arm and the worst burrs I've seen on the spring ends. But it polished up and is also a joy to shoot.
  • USA, Georgia, Douglasville

Offline mikeyb

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 10:59:52 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

After the 20 post minimum site requirement you should be allowed to post links and photos. It would help to see a photo of your trigger group. Direct sear triggers are difficult to improve and can easily be made unsafe. I have a recent Diana 250 which is basically a B19 with some newer & slightly-better-machined internals. My trigger was unacceptable out of the box but it became a "nice" trigger with minimal effort. If your trigger group is similar to the B19 I can offer some tips. I cannot offer any constructive tips if you have a direct sear trigger.
  • USA, NY, Rochester
Too many toys & not enough play time!

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 12:03:18 PM »
I think the Diana two forty (spelled in letters, not numbers) is the Chinese Xisico xs b12 with a direct sear trigger.
If you look up xs b12 trigger mod you should find what you need. (Very high grit sandpaper polish on the contact surfaces of the sear hook and piston catch. Be careful not to change the angle of the metal. Then apply a thin coat of molybdenum You can go further with a weaker return spring and shortening the sear hook with a file, but it gets more likely to misfire.)
Mike Melick of Flying Dragon Air Rifles is a wiz with those triggers.
Once the trigger was settled on my b12 it became a really fun, accurate shooter.
I hope this helps.

The German made Diana 240 (spelled in numbers) has the to5 trigger. Mine had a bent cocking arm and the worst burrs I've seen on the spring ends. But it polished up and is also a joy to shoot.

Thanks.  I'll check the xs b12 mod out.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 12:06:11 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

After the 20 post minimum site requirement you should be allowed to post links and photos. It would help to see a photo of your trigger group. Direct sear triggers are difficult to improve and can easily be made unsafe. I have a recent Diana 250 which is basically a B19 with some newer & slightly-better-machined internals. My trigger was unacceptable out of the box but it became a "nice" trigger with minimal effort. If your trigger group is similar to the B19 I can offer some tips. I cannot offer any constructive tips if you have a direct sear trigger.

Thanks for the reply.  Its a direct sear trigger.  This xs b12 mod fix might be what I need.  I have seen the Diana 250 with a wood thumbhole stock.  I like the thumbhole stock on my Diana 34 EMS.  Wish I'd have gotten the 250.  This little thing has potential though.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline Ilimakko

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 12:19:17 PM »
This thread illustrates why it's important to use the actual model names. The Chinese Dianas are Two-Forty, Two-Fifty etc., while the German Dianas are named by numbers. Unless this distinction is heeded, there's bound to be mixups between entirely different rifle models.
LGV Master Ultra .22 cal
D48 .22 cal
350 Mag .25 cal
H135 .25 cal
WFH .22 cal
Fenix 400 .22 cal
G1250 .22 cal
D25 .177 cal (c. 1960)
BSF S54 Match .177 cal (c. 1965)
E-C2 5.4 mm (c. 1920)
FX T12 .22 cal

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 01:17:48 PM »
This thread illustrates why it's important to use the actual model names. The Chinese Dianas are Two-Forty, Two-Fifty etc., while the German Dianas are named by numbers. Unless this distinction is heeded, there's bound to be mixups between entirely different rifle models.

You are 100 percent correct.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline DanD

• Nod and smile.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • A solid maybe
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 01:27:41 PM »

I think that was exactly Diana's intention so buyers would think they are purchasing a German rifle.
  • Binghamton, NY