GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

Ranging training targets

(1/2) > >>

Frenchcaster:
I’ve been wanting to make pellet catching targets I can easily move around the yard at different distances to train with scope use/holdover. I finally came up
With something I like. Materials from home
Depot, electrical boxes and dowel, magnet to hold paper target, duct seal. I’m excited to try them once it stops raining.
For now they’re set for a bit of capsule fun.
Cheers

A.

Deckard1973:
That is a neat idea!
 :D

nced:

--- Quote from: Frenchcaster on April 05, 2022, 06:04:18 PM ---I’ve been wanting to make pellet catching targets I can easily move around the yard at different distances to train with scope use/holdover. I finally came up
With something I like. Materials from home
Depot, electrical boxes and dowel, magnet to hold paper target, duct seal. I’m excited to try them once it stops raining.
For now they’re set for a bit of capsule fun.
Cheers

A.

--- End quote ---
I use a different approach. I have my targets fixed and then I move to different distances to practice holdover..........

JMJ in NC:
I use 4” plastic pipe end caps filled with duct seal. Each cap hangs on a 24” tall shepherds hook and has a slot to hold a 4x6” index card target.

Mine are set out at 30 through 55 yards at 5 yard increments. Weatherproof and silent.

You get feedback with each “on-paper”  hit because the cap will swing or sway a bit.

JMJ

Frenchcaster:
Ha! Those are awesome!
Cheers
A.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version