Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Good morning! Are you up yet? What's your plans for today?  (Read 74653 times - 1 votes) 
)

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
Re: Good morning! Are you up yet? What's your plans for today?
« Reply #5080 on: June 23, 2022, 08:00:00 AM »
Sorry to hear you went through that John but glad to hear you and yours recovered so quickly. God is good. My back's been bothering me too where the past two weeks of hard work wore me out so I took a much needed day off.

Thank you, Gil. I pray your back gets to feeling better… pain like that’s no fun.
  • USA, Arkansas, Prairie Grove
Daisy 1938 Red Ryder 70th Anniversary
DPMS Panther Classic A4 .177 UTG 2-16x44
Umarex Octane Elite .22 UTG 2-16x44
Diana AMO3 Stealth .22 UTG 2-16x44
Beeman QB78 Deluxe .177 UTG 3-12x32
Walther Terrus .177 (gifted by fwbsport) UTG 3-9x40
Walther LGU Varmint .22 UTG 6-24x56
FDAR XS60C .177 REX 3-12x40
Walther Parrus .22 Factory Sights
Feinwerkbau (FWB) Sport .177 Factory Sights
RWS 3400 .177 UTG 2-16x44

“Slay dragons, do noble deeds and never, never give up.”

Find other GTA members in your area. 🇺🇸
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5081 on: June 23, 2022, 08:06:41 AM »
Good morning GTA! Happy Thursday! Up at 0530 CT. I’m having coffee and perusing the GTA for a bit. Then I’m planning on going outside to get a little work done on the pool so the girls will be able to use it this weekend. After that I plan to shoot the Octane Elite some more.

Offline Firewalker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pray for Ukraine, save her from the Russian BEAST!
« Reply #5082 on: June 23, 2022, 09:22:19 AM »
Tough break, John. Glad you and your little shootin' partner are on the mend!
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
"If I spend my hard eraned money on an airgun, especially a mid to high end airgun and it has any issues whatsoever, I'm boxing it up and sending it back where it came from. Nope, nope, nope... don't say you fixed it and send it back to me. I didn't buy a refurb and I don't want a refurb back.
Show me your customer service.. Take a new gun off the shelf and have your tech verify that it passes all the quality checks then send it to me. No sir... I don't want a discount or a store credit or a partial refund... I want exactly what I paid for and exactly what you said you were selling me. If you can't do that then stay out of my mailbox with your spam mail.
That's part of the problem with retail these days.. We, the consumer settles for whatever shovel full of stuff they feed us.
Shame on us for that."
-Bill

Offline Frank in Fairfield

• "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5083 on: June 23, 2022, 10:33:46 AM »
Baseball:

Giants & Braves at 9:00
Athletics and Mariners at 13:00
  • Fairfield, CA, USA
AA TX200, .177
Daisy 499B
Baikal IZH46M
Baikal IZH60
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, .177
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .177
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .25
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
Crosman 2300S
Daisy Model 25, Variant 15
Diana 6M
FWB 601
Sheridan C9a
Weihrauch HW35e, .177

Offline Rick67

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #5084 on: June 23, 2022, 01:37:33 PM »
Sorry to hear you went through that John but glad to hear you and yours recovered so quickly. God is good. My back's been bothering me too where the past two weeks of hard work wore me out so I took a much needed day off.

Thank you, Gil. I pray your back gets to feeling better… pain like that’s no fun.

Spine nerve injury is no joke.

I have a thoracic one I got when was about 14 YO from a wanton disregard of safety, and when it struck me one time when I was in my mid 20s, I thought I was a goner.

The pain was so great it would not let me breathe, and it radiated to the solar plexus.

I stretched myself on the tiled floor and was immediately relieved  :P
  • Abq., NM, USA

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5085 on: June 23, 2022, 09:28:24 PM »
Tough break, John. Glad you and your little shootin' partner are on the mend!

Thanks, David!

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5086 on: June 23, 2022, 09:30:30 PM »

Spine nerve injury is no joke.

I have a thoracic one I got when was about 14 YO from a wanton disregard of safety, and when it struck me one time when I was in my mid 20s, I thought I was a goner.

The pain was so great it would not let me breathe, and it radiated to the solar plexus.

I stretched myself on the tiled floor and was immediately relieved  :P

I know the feeling of thinking you’re a goner when it happens. Wish I could’ve stretched it out, but wasn’t happening.

Offline Matchstickshooter

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5087 on: June 23, 2022, 09:35:16 PM »
Good morning GTA! Happy Wednesday! Up at 0530 CT. I’m having my first cup of coffee on the couch in my own garage. Sunday night I got cold and shivered all night until I threw my back out… so it seemed. By Monday morning, early, about 0400-0500, I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I tried to lay on the back deck until someone could pop my back. Eventually, I went to the hospital by ambulance. I got the Rona and the violent chills apparently affected my lower back and hips until my sciatica kicked in, real bad. They pumped me full of drugs, antibiotics, steroids & such and I’m feeling much better. Mahayla, my middle daughter got the Rona and so did my BIL. Everyone else is negative.

Please keep Mahayla in your prayers, she’s not feeling well at all. My wife may take her in to the doctor, urgent care or ER when she gets up.

I think my BIL got it worse than me, except my sciatica- I thought I was going to be paralyzed for awhile, again. Plans for today? Whatever my wife will let me get away with. I’m on vacation for the rest of the week, I need a negative test before I can go back to work next week.

Here’s a panoramic view off my sister’s back deck in Hot Springs:
It’s just a valley down there and the road up to my sister’s runs through it. There’s plenty of water for sport & fishing around there though.

Wow, just read this ,John,
Prayers for you and your family!   
  • Lyndon,Vt.

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5088 on: June 23, 2022, 10:41:09 PM »
Good morning GTA! Happy Wednesday! Up at 0530 CT. I’m having my first cup of coffee on the couch in my own garage. Sunday night I got cold and shivered all night until I threw my back out… so it seemed. By Monday morning, early, about 0400-0500, I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I tried to lay on the back deck until someone could pop my back. Eventually, I went to the hospital by ambulance. I got the Rona and the violent chills apparently affected my lower back and hips until my sciatica kicked in, real bad. They pumped me full of drugs, antibiotics, steroids & such and I’m feeling much better. Mahayla, my middle daughter got the Rona and so did my BIL. Everyone else is negative.

Please keep Mahayla in your prayers, she’s not feeling well at all. My wife may take her in to the doctor, urgent care or ER when she gets up.

I think my BIL got it worse than me, except my sciatica- I thought I was going to be paralyzed for awhile, again. Plans for today? Whatever my wife will let me get away with. I’m on vacation for the rest of the week, I need a negative test before I can go back to work next week.

Here’s a panoramic view off my sister’s back deck in Hot Springs:
It’s just a valley down there and the road up to my sister’s runs through it. There’s plenty of water for sport & fishing around there though.

Wow, just read this ,John,
Prayers for you and your family!

Thank you, Wendell!

Offline Firewalker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pray for Ukraine, save her from the Russian BEAST!
« Reply #5089 on: June 24, 2022, 12:11:21 AM »
Our "crackhouse" is coming along, the upper kitchen cabinets are painted white, momma's loading them right now, I will put the doors on tomorrow when she is at work.  :o

New range and microwave, kitchen soffit torn down, looks twice as big now!

LED lights (COB) and aluminum channels going in next week and the upper glass-faced frames go in in July.
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
"If I spend my hard eraned money on an airgun, especially a mid to high end airgun and it has any issues whatsoever, I'm boxing it up and sending it back where it came from. Nope, nope, nope... don't say you fixed it and send it back to me. I didn't buy a refurb and I don't want a refurb back.
Show me your customer service.. Take a new gun off the shelf and have your tech verify that it passes all the quality checks then send it to me. No sir... I don't want a discount or a store credit or a partial refund... I want exactly what I paid for and exactly what you said you were selling me. If you can't do that then stay out of my mailbox with your spam mail.
That's part of the problem with retail these days.. We, the consumer settles for whatever shovel full of stuff they feed us.
Shame on us for that."
-Bill

Offline Sqrl Klr

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Best to have and not need.
« Reply #5090 on: June 24, 2022, 12:58:57 AM »

Thanks. It's talking to me again today after bending over a lot on my knees on concrete drilling and installing custom welded front and rear tow hooks on my mower then hooking up the deck back into place. Now I can easily hook up to either end with my chain next time it's needed and drive it back to the shop without the loader or chain being close enough to anything to need repairs afterward. This morning noticing a front caster wheel mount was missing a grease nipple with grease all over the place was the last straw so no more chaining around the axles now with the fix.

• Texas
Our world is not falling out of place it's falling into place just as foretold in Bible prophecy. Hope For Our Times

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5091 on: June 24, 2022, 07:18:47 AM »
Good morning GTA! Happy Friday! Up at 0430 CT. Sun’s supposed to be up about 0600 here. I’m going to get the line trimming done first, then get the mowing done, so I don’t have to do anything this weekend. I’ll be going back to work Monday. Hopefully, I’ll get in the pool after the yard work… maybe shoot an airgun later.  8)

Thank you all again for your prayers. Mahayla was able to eat last night, pizza of course.  ;D

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #5092 on: June 24, 2022, 07:48:35 AM »
Good Friday morning.
Last day before our 16 day shutdown. They decided we would come back one day earlier than originally planned. We'll go back on Monday July 11th.
This is usually one of the craziest days of the year. Everyone waits until the last minute to want to get useless things done. It should go a bit easier because our new VP is reducing OT big time. He's put the kibosh on many of the projects we normally do during shutdown such as cleaning and line painting. Very few skeleton crews working. None of those projects require me or my guys to come in.
I have one vendor that wants to pick up all of their empty racks for maintenance so I have one of my guys coming in Saturday morning for 4 hours to load them up in trailers as they arrive. I had to have a meeting with VP to explain that. He made it clear that if the trucks don't show up we will back charge the vendor for the OT.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline Rabbit\Squirrel Killer

• Dangerous Dan/Poppa (poppa wheelie)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #5093 on: June 24, 2022, 12:44:52 PM »
Good morning, I got an elliptical cross-trainer and started using it this morning. I will say my "workout" confirmed that I need to workout.  :-[

I will build up to where I get the benefits I want/need. My heart-lungs did fine, that is I didn't get winded and my heart rate did as expected, but my legs fatigued too much and too quickly.

I use a Step counter app and have been walking 65-95 miles a month so I am a bit surprised at how different working the machine is.

I am going to make a point to drink more water than I feel I need also because I suspect that I may need more than what just satisfies my thirst.

Now, I have to go through a bunch of paper work today.

• SO. CA, USA
Rabbit\Squirrel Killer :^)>
Crosman's, Benjamin's, Sheridan's  and too many more brands and guns to list, my "collection" is a cry for HELP..... ;) LOL

Offline Sqrl Klr

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5094 on: June 24, 2022, 05:01:49 PM »
John does your pool feel like a spa right now too? Mine is around 95 so anything but refreshing. Time to toss ice in the pool.

Dan get ready to pee a lot. I have to drink a lot due to kidney stones so I make frequent bathroom visits during the night too because of it.
  • Texas
Our world is not falling out of place it's falling into place just as foretold in Bible prophecy. Hope For Our Times

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #5095 on: June 24, 2022, 05:49:13 PM »
Well, so far the day before summer shutdown has not failed it's normal mission to disappoint.  :-\

I've been juggling porcupines all dang day. Most of our suppliers are Korean so our department's Korean staff shags the grounders.
Unfortunately our most troublesome supplier is American. Take a guess who gets to deal with those jokers... and it's well out of my job description.
To top it off, of the 3 parts they supply to us, one is a class A part, meaning it's a skin panel, meaning it is seen on the outside of the vehicle.
They are running us dangerously close to running out of parts to finish up today's production. And worse yet, we will come back from shutdown to the same dam shortage.... right where we left off.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5096 on: June 24, 2022, 08:10:22 PM »
John does your pool feel like a spa right now too? Mine is around 95 so anything but refreshing. Time to toss ice in the pool.

Dan get ready to pee a lot. I have to drink a lot due to kidney stones so I make frequent bathroom visits during the night too because of it.

Yes!, and I’m loving it… It’s a 12’x30” mainly for the girls, but it warms up pretty good in the sun to feel like a spa. Just what this sore body needs.  8)

Offline Sqrl Klr

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5097 on: June 24, 2022, 10:06:11 PM »
I used to feel relief in spas with the jets blasting my sore muscles but as soon as I got out the pain came back so the relief is temporary with them. I wonder if your daughter walking on your back would help snap some bones back into place. If so it could save some chiro money.
  • Texas

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5098 on: June 25, 2022, 12:21:32 AM »
I used to feel relief in spas with the jets blasting my sore muscles but as soon as I got out the pain came back so the relief is temporary with them. I wonder if your daughter walking on your back would help snap some bones back into place. If so it could save some chiro money.

Yeah, they try- but they just wind up hurting me… and they think it’s funny.

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #5099 on: June 25, 2022, 07:41:53 AM »
Good morning GTA! Happy Saturday! Up at 0430 CT. Today is supposed to be another hot one. I’m planning on relaxing as much as I can and shoot airguns. That’s it.  8)