GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

2 Brothers,...a Storm .30 Hunt.

(1/5) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Lately I've been more into scouting than true Hunting, many miles per day means that you move a lot faster than it's conducive for true hunting, but I love it  ;D ;D ;D ;D I absolutely love to go check whats over the next ridge, explore new places.

My favorite guns to take are, if the terrain is really challenging the REX .357 pistol takes duty, if terrain is more manageable the SuperStorm .25 Tac is the go gun,
....Love this gun, 35.5 inches makes it as short as the Sumatra Carbine, 68 FPE makes it a real powerful Hunter, it's lightweight and very ergonomic.

Here was a scout a few weeks back

.......Anyway, today I was feeling lazy so I filled a ZipLock bag with cat food and made my way into the woods for a sit down mongoose hunt,

Found a great spot in a dry riverbed, a natural blind in big boulders so I settled in, placed the cat food 25 yards away and started napping  ;D ;D ;D

In over 2 hours only one mongoose came in and as it got to the food made a 180 and took off  :o :o :o :o

5:30 PM and I had enough of that, so I decided to slowly make my way back and really hunt for hogs.

At one point I heard the tell tale noise of pigs in the dry grass and in a few seconds about 35 yards away 2 young boars came out the tall grass and started rooting around.

I stalked them down having to change directions a few times to keep up with their erratic meanderings, I finally got 10 yards from them a and one gave me a shot so I took it as I was leaning against a sapling for steadiness, the gun is so darn quiet that the brother jumped back a few yards and than continued his doings, I had to relocate and stalk him again because he went around a tree but when He gave me a shot at about 15 yards I took it, it was just past 7 PM and I had to porkers on the ground  ;D

Tater:
Great hunt and pics Manny. That has to be pretty intense when they come in that close. And then having to shift around as they move without being seen.

dk1677:
Nice ones Manny!

Sfttailrdr46:
Great hunt Manny , I smell some roasted pork in the air  ;D

TF89:
Awesome hunting stalk, great pictures, thank you. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version