GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Share Your Simple Home Projects (TRICKS-N-TIPS)

Cheap 1" reactive targets

(1/1)

Lt. Dan:
Our local Elementary school cafeteria discards the mops they use every week. (Averages 4 or 5 every week)
 They place them by the dumpster every Friday afternoon for me. I pull up, take out my hacksaw and 5 minutes later I'm driving away. 
I have found multiple uses, including tomato stakes and now reactive targets.
I cut 3/4" pieces off the mop handle, drill a hole the diameter of a large paperclip. Well the picture will tell the story. The last trip i found an eraser on the ground. Yep....made a target out of it.

Geoff:
good deal on the reuse of an item no longer wanted.   I wonder just how many are pitched each month by the schools in the area

UlteriorModem:
I guess it is too much trouble to replace the mop head so they throw the whole darn thing away!

Lt. Dan:

--- Quote from: UlteriorModem on February 26, 2019, 04:26:17 PM ---I guess it is too much trouble to replace the mop head so they throw the whole darn thing away!

--- End quote ---
I agree, I wonder if these cheap mops may have been cheaper than the replacement heads or the health department's regulation may not have allowed  only mop head replacements.

Lt. Dan:

PVC pipe and mop handles, old cheap garage sale teaspoons,  more cheap targets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version