GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

GTA directory > GTA Announcement Gate

Changes in Classified Gate

(1/4) > >>

ezman604:
We have discussed the need for some basic requirements for posting in our Classified Gate to help protect our membership. We have paid the programmer to set this up for us. The first time you create a classified ad, you will be met with a requirement to read the basic 3 rules and click on the accept button. The script will check to see that you have at least 20 posts to your credit and have been a GTA member for at least 30 days.
These are basic requirements to help all of us with some additional protection from hit and run sellers. I personally do NOT like to see someone join our site only to head here to post an item for sale and then disappear.
We continue to make improvements to GTA Forums and we hope you like the new digs. I know changes are often met with resistance but please give it a little time. After you get use to the improvements, I believe you will like them.
Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)

JimH:
Makes good sense to me.  Thanks for the attention to detail!

gamo2hammerli:
That's a very good idea.  Hate to see our family get taken by scammers/fraudsters.

eddielee70:
yeap, I'm the stupid dude that lose $450 to someone who just posted once the first day on yellow( sound very experience knowing all the yellow news and air rifle terminology), and said he is a old timer on the yellow.  says he need to cover his medical bills and needed it fast as gift on paypal.  never reply back on status of shipment after I paypal him the money.  funny things is that I did gift paypal for three times w/o any issues on yellow.  didn't know I fall for this scam again with a lesson learn from 15 years ago I sent a MO for some paintball equipment on BBS and never heard from the guy also.  Well, never again for gifted paypal.  I would says 90 days and 150 posts to make it safer.

paul63601:
Great Idea. ---- Very sad we can Not trust out fellow man.

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version