GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Welcome to the Best of the Best! > Welcome New Members

Hello from Southern Louisiana!

(1/2) > >>

Gesshoku:
Nice to meet everyone! I was passing time reading a lot of random threads while waiting for my registration approval. I'm so pleased to find so many helpful responses to just about everything! I love learning as much as I can about anything I can, and this seems like a great place for just that.

About me:
Currently 25, a degree in IT/Networking, but working as Mgmt. for a Rx chain.
I was raised in Virginia, 10min from the beach (loved the area, HATED the sand...) I moved to Arizona for a networking tech-support job after college, and spent most of my free time outdoors hiking and biking the mountain trails. I met my fiance out there and after a few years we moved down here to southern Louisiana (her home town) to help her family out. Not really much in the way of biking and hiking this far south so I had to look for something else to tie me over.

I decided to learn as many weapon systems my pockets would allow (why not, right? Never know when you'll need it). I set up makeshift targets out back and have fun. Started with throwing knives (already owned a few, never gave it a try) I couldn't quite get the hang of it. I then picked up archery (cheap starter sets) and had loads of fun picking off different targets. On my trips up to TN to visit family I always loved going out to the back of their property and shooting an assortment of rifles and handguns. However, down here I don't have the luxury of wide open spaces and never liked the idea of paying to use a firing range. So, I decided to pick up air guns!

I started with an inexpensive Daisy Powerline 201 .177 BB/Pellet pistol. Again, had tons of fun picking off cans and other trash I could set up. Now, I'm looking into an Air Rifle. That's what led me to the GTA forums in the first place! I was looking for reviews and comparisons. I've seen so many great responses already and can't wait to get more involved in both the rifles and the forum!

lizzie:
Welcome to GTA! :)
Beautiful part of the country you live it- I have quite a few friends in the area. Glad you're here.

Brutuz:
Welcome Gesshoku 8)

dk1677:
Welcome to the GTA!

amb5500c:
Welcome to the GTA. I'm in south Louisiana too.
Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version