GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Bargain Gate

Just Pulled the Trigger - Hammers 3-9x40AOMillDot Scope 1Pc Mount $65

<< < (2/3) > >>

avator:
I have a Diana Two Fifty .177 that surprises me how hard it shoots. I'm pretty sure it would eat many scopes. The Hammers handles it very well.

Blowpipe Sam:
My first Hammers 3-9X40 did develop wandering zero after about three years and maybe ten thousand shots.  It lived on all three of my big Hatsan's during that time and it took a pounding.  I did buy another one which now resides on my Mod 95.  I can recommend them with a few proviso. The calibration of the AO is not that precise and the glass is not as clear as some of the other cheap scopes I favor.  On the other hand they are tough and have an excellent reticle.
For $49 you got a screaming deal.

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: Blowpipe Sam on December 02, 2023, 03:36:21 PM ---My first Hammers 3-9X40 did develop wandering zero after about three years and maybe ten thousand shots.  It lived on all three of my big Hatsan's during that time and it took a pounding.  I did buy another one which now resides on my Mod 95.  I can recommend them with a few proviso. The calibration of the AO is not that precise and the glass is not as clear as some of the other cheap scopes I favor.  On the other hand they are tough and have an excellent reticle.
For $49 you got a screaming deal.

--- End quote ---

Hi Carter.
Thank you for this information.

I am 75 and in good shape right now but in 10 years..who knows.
I am only looking for something short term at this stage of my life.
My gun won't see 10,000 shots I don't think.

Just for my future reference, tell me about the cheap scopes that you like.

I am not sure how good the Gamo Stop Shock setup is.
I am currently looking around for a deal on a different kind of zero recoil scope mount.
If I can get a good price on one I just might get it.

Best Wishes - Tom

maraudinglizard:
I have several of these on my guns, one resides on the Carnivore .30, haven't blow it apart yet and holds zero. This gun does have a heavy recoil so anything else on it might survive a few shots before self destruct occurs. Tommy, you will like the scope and you got a good deal on it as well.

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: maraudinglizard on December 02, 2023, 06:14:34 PM ---I have several of these on my guns, one resides on the Carnivore .30, haven't blow it apart yet and holds zero. This gun does have a heavy recoil so anything else on it might survive a few shots before self destruct occurs. Tommy, you will like the scope and you got a good deal on it as well.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Kris.

Best Wishes - Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version