GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

You can do anything with a dremel

(1/3) > >>

45flint:
Won an awesome 1914 BSA Sporting earlier in the year and it needed some work: broken spring and bad piston seal.  Sights had been replaced with a Lyman aperture front and back sight.  The aperture hurts collectability but is awesome as a shooter.  The Lyman front blade was a little too low.  Bought a new contemporary higher front blade which worked perfectly.  But that front blade looked a little odd on the antique.  Got my dremel out and started to grind.  I think this is now my favorite rifle period. Such a honker to shoot, they didn’t call them long Toms in England for nothing. It’s like a musket!

Here is the period sight:

The new one:

Here is the journey,  hit the link:

The end result:

threesuns:
I like it! 👍

Dremil has got to the tool I use most often. Can’t imagine not having so I bought a back up just in case.

Madd Hatter:
Yep! If you're patient and don't rush it you can do some amazing things with 1. I've got 1 I've been porting and polishing MC cylinders and heads since 1994. Still works like the day I bought it.

eeler1:
Nice, you are probably the only one who will know it isn't original.  Well, other than all of us you just told.  Yes, I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't own at least one dremel tool.  If you don't mind, where did you source the site?  I've got an old Bavaria 30 (BSF) that is missing the dovetailed front site, and would rather modify one like you did than make a new one.

45flint:

--- Quote from: eeler1 on May 29, 2023, 03:47:14 PM ---Nice, you are probably the only one who will know it isn't original.  Well, other than all of us you just told.  Yes, I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't own at least one dremel tool.  If you don't mind, where did you source the site?  I've got an old Bavaria 30 (BSF) that is missing the dovetailed front site, and would rather modify one like you did than make a new one.

--- End quote ---

Here is their website, first rate product and service.  I ordered the tallest in blue. 
http://skinnersights.com/front_sights_5.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version