GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

failed first attempt a resealing a crosman mk1

(1/3) > >>

SwampHunter:
my mk1 was slowly leaking air internally so i got a reseal kit from mac 1, put it in and now it dumps the co2 out the barrel. i heated the gun with a hair dryer but that approach didnt work. any thoughts?

JayDee24ca:
Could be that the poppet is not sealing. Did you get a new valve poppet? The other thing you can try is cocking the gun before you puncture the new cartridge. I have a couple of Mk1s that require than, and it is a result of having wither a weak valve spring or a too heavy hammer spring; either way, I can get the gun to seal if I make sure it is cocked before putting in a new cart.
JD

Goose:
That's frustrating...  I feel your pain.

Have you cleaned the valve where the poppet seats?  I've had the same problem in the past and some time spent polishing the poppet seat with 000 steel wool cleaned up the seat enough for it to seal once again.

Luck,

J~

SwampHunter:
I got he mk1 kit from mac1, new poppet included, also with a different valve spring. I didn't sand anything,  honestly I looked at the seat and it was shiny all around so I thought it was good guess I was wrong lol. Yes I cooked it before piercing the co2, with it heated by a hair dryer.

JayDee24ca:
If the co2 is leaking out the muzzle as soon as you insert and puncture a new cart, then do as I suggested and cock the gun prior to inserting the cartridge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version