GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Scopes And Optics Gate

Mounting a new scope

(1/2) > >>

Tenderfoot:
Hatsan 125 Sniper Camo (model#HC125SNC177) manufactured May 2022.
This is my first air rifle & I need some expertise about mounting a new scope out of the box.
I have looked the rifle over and found no visible defects, BUT there is a "piece" on the
end of the dove-tail grooves that has no purpose that I can determine and I'm hoping
someone can give some advice on removing it OR tell me what it's purpose is.
This "piece" is nicely blued and attached at the very end of the grooves near the safety
with two Philips head screws.

Thanks for your help with this!
David

Back_Roads:
 That would be a scope stop, for if using 11mm rings, if using weaver mounts you can disregard.

Tenderfoot:
Thanks James for your reply, mystery solved! 8)

mikeyb:
If you ONLY had the 11mm Dovetail mounts that scope stop is critical. The recoils on my Hatsan 125/135 magnum springers is pretty hard on scope mounts and scopes. Both the mounts and the scope can slide backwards even if everything is tightened down hard.

As James posted you can usually remove that 11mm stop if you have 20mm Weaver/Picatinny mounts. I highly recommend NOT using 11mm dovetail mounts on these magnum rifles.

Good Luck!

longislandhunter:
I would also clean the mounting rail and the scope mounts themselves with denatured alcohol to insure that the metal is clean and totally free of any film of lubricant/oil  prior to mounting the scope on the rifle. Also, use a small amount of blue loc-tite on the mounting screws then let it sit for at least 48 hours for the loc-tite to cure before firing the rifle.   Do those steps and your scope will not slip. 

Congrats on your first air rifle and shoot straight  :)

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version