GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Older Crosman 760. Need info please.

(1/3) > >>

Quick Cal:
I just got this the other day for $25. But I think it might have been pieced together. Not sure. The receiver sides were barely screwed together, and the stock was about to fall off. It was missing a bunch of parts.

It has the flat head pump piston, and the early style compression chamber. It has a serial number on the bottom of the receiver. But according to Crosman if the serial number starts with a 0 which mine does, it's not a date code.

My serial number is 04245425. It does not have a gold trigger. Did the 73?  Could this still be the correct receiver for a 73 gun? My end cap is stamped 93. Maybe it has been changed? What year should I call this thing? A pre-75,,,,lol.

When I got it, it had a bolt for the forearm roll pin. It did some damage the the airtube and linkage. Everything is all wallowed out. I put a bigger roll pin in. But this made it where the forearm would not close all the way. But I think the pin was sitting in there crooked maybe? Or the pump piston needs adjusted? More on that in a bit.

I do have an upgraded roll pin on the way that has the screws going through the sides. I'll see what happens with that. But I'm worried my holes are all elongated and I might have issues? Do you guys have a go to method to fix this?

I also got a rebuilt flat head piston. I hate to even mention it, but I need to make sure this won't hurt anything. It has a gouge in it from being worked on. I think it must be ok or they would not have shipped it?

Now I need to install the pump piston. Do you guys think I have to many threads showing and this is why the bigger roll pin would not let the forearm close? It was like this when I got it. I assume this should be adjusted? Is the flat head supposed to touch the face of the compression chamber? Is there supposed to be a gap? What is the proper procedure for this?  Is there a write up or video for it?

I guess that enough for now,,,lol. Thanks for any info or help.

Pics on the way.

Goose:
Welcome!

I'm the guy that's been responding on that other board.  ;)  Glad to see you here where things aren't so springer oriented.

Screw the pump-cup assembly in a bit and it should close just fine.  You want enough cam-over to keep it closed.  Lube everything well as you assemble it.

I'm curious about the oversize pin.  Should you run out of options, I have a spare tube, pivot and pump-arm that are all in serviceable condition.

Luck,

J~

threesuns:
September 73 barrel band. April 74 clam shell. “O”ctober 74 clam shell. There are more than $25 worth of parts there.

Adjust the cup till the pump arm is about 3/4 inch from the tube when it just touches the valve, that should be just about rite for proper cam over. 

Enjoy 😃

Quick Cal:

--- Quote from: Goose on March 24, 2023, 06:00:29 PM ---Welcome!

I'm the guy that's been responding on that other board.  ;)  Glad to see you here where things aren't so springer oriented.

Screw the pump-cup assembly in a bit and it should close just fine.  You want enough cam-over to keep it closed.  Lube everything well as you assemble it.

I'm curious about the oversize pin.  Should you run out of options, I have a spare tube, pivot and pump-arm that are all in serviceable condition.

Luck,

J~

--- End quote ---

Yup. I figured that was you.

Quick Cal:

--- Quote from: threesuns on March 24, 2023, 06:21:20 PM ---September 73 barrel band. April 74 clam shell. “O”ctober 74 clam shell. There are more than $25 worth of parts there.

Adjust the cup till the pump arm is about 3/4 inch from the tube when it just touches the valve, that should be just about rite for proper cam over. 

Enjoy 😃

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.

So do you think the gun is all original? Or is it still a pieced together?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version