GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

rattus #5 He did show up

<< < (2/7) > >>

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: ranchibi on March 19, 2023, 06:30:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bicycleman on March 19, 2023, 04:05:17 PM ---Randall, if you take out the whole family, what will you have to shoot at?  Very nicely done!
Those are a different kind of rat than the ones I shot in Louisiana.  We actually had two common types of rats:  The larger one found in old barns we named "Barn Rats".  The smaller ones were found in the pastures and fields along the fence rows.  Those were called the "Field Rats". 
DUUHHH!

--- End quote ---

Mike!!! Thank you kind sir! LOL....well, I do give them a few days to "settle" in but this species (rattus rattus ie roof/fruit rats) are territorial so they run offf/fight with others as family units so they don't congregate like farm/sewer/norway rats do. During mating season, I watch them chase each other on our brick wall, fighting, always the males, and the adult males usually have tattered ears and chewed up tails, the females don't fight. So once I take out the resident male and female and any pups, it takes a week or so for new ones to venture in which they always do! Then the cycle resumes...😂. Also, these are very quick and agile and move like giant mice climbing str8 up brick walls and traverse tree limbs like no other!

--- End quote ---

Wow..an endless supply of RATS ! 

Randall, no wonder you are... a Master Rat Slayer... like BenjiHunter was.

>> ALL RATS BEWARE < > When Randall Draws Near ! <<

Best Wishes - Tom

dk1677:
Nice one Randall!

ranchibi:

--- Quote from: dk1677 on March 19, 2023, 07:30:04 PM ---Nice one Randall!

--- End quote ---

Dave!!! Thank you for always sending kind words my way! 🤗

ranchibi:

--- Quote from: A.K.A. Tommy Boy on March 19, 2023, 06:43:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: ranchibi on March 19, 2023, 06:30:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bicycleman on March 19, 2023, 04:05:17 PM ---Randall, if you take out the whole family, what will you have to shoot at?  Very nicely done!
Those are a different kind of rat than the ones I shot in Louisiana.  We actually had two common types of rats:  The larger one found in old barns we named "Barn Rats".  The smaller ones were found in the pastures and fields along the fence rows.  Those were called the "Field Rats". 
DUUHHH!

--- End quote ---

Mike!!! Thank you kind sir! LOL....well, I do give them a few days to "settle" in but this species (rattus rattus ie roof/fruit rats) are territorial so they run offf/fight with others as family units so they don't congregate like farm/sewer/norway rats do. During mating season, I watch them chase each other on our brick wall, fighting, always the males, and the adult males usually have tattered ears and chewed up tails, the females don't fight. So once I take out the resident male and female and any pups, it takes a week or so for new ones to venture in which they always do! Then the cycle resumes...😂. Also, these are very quick and agile and move like giant mice climbing str8 up brick walls and traverse tree limbs like no other!

--- End quote ---

Wow..an endless supply of RATS ! 

Randall, no wonder you are... a Master Rat Slayer... like BenjiHunter was.

>> ALL RATS BEWARE < > When Randall Draws Near ! <<

Best Wishes - Tom

--- End quote ---

LOL Tom! It really is kinda like and endless supply but I've culled them from close to 60 a year to just around 10 per year....😂

Luis Leon:
Good shooting on number five. You have developed quite the rat killing system. Love that you’re able to tell that the rat was fighting because of his chewed up tail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version