GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

What's the most powerful Multi-pump stock and modified?

<< < (4/4)

tkerrigan:
Here's a post on a LR700 Artemis that I did several years ago, I still have it. 

Re: The best new pumper made ??
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »

The valve location is bulletproof, two screws, transfer port, and a deep indentation in the tube.  I took the valve back out today and worked on it.  I drilled the passage between the exhaust outlet and the poppet seat from .177" to .196".  Drilled the exhaust port from .140" to .166".  I drilled a .076" hole through the intake valve filter as it was hard to blow through.  It really needed the valve opened up as speeds have improved considerably.  Using 14.3 pellets, 6 pumps is 683fps,  8 pumps is 737fps,  10 pumps is 767fps,  12 pumps is 795fps.  It's going up about 15fps per pump so there is still more left in it. When it drops down to 10fps per pump, it's time to stop pumping.  13 pumps will definitely take it over 800fps.  12 pumps using 18.13 pellets is 728fps.  So it's doing 20.07fpe using 14.3's and 21.34fpe using 18.13's.  I have some heavier pellets that I will shoot tomorrow, should raise the fpe some.  Couldn't wait, 25.39gr at 14 pumps did 648fps or 23.68fpe, 32.4gr at 14 pumps did 580fps or 24.21fpe. Next thing I'm going to do is replace the rubber biscuit that is underneath the piston with acetal as squeezing the biscuit down is adding a lot of pumping effort both opening and closing.  Regards, Tom

USA, Oregon, Jefferson

DevilsLuck:
IIRC FX made a PCP /pumper hybrid which was reported to be pretty powerful.  It had my interest some time ago, though I never did buy one...

Back_Roads:
 Here is a SSP blast from the past ...

Simplemann:
Wow that FX is impressive..

UnderPressure:
This looks pretty powerful:

https://hardairmagazine.com/news/crosman-362-100-year-edition-and-more-new-guns-for-2023/

Edit: My mistake. I don't believe this gun is a pumper. I originally thought it had a three stage built-in pump like a FX Independence/Indy or a Seneca Aspen, but now I think it is just a regular PCP with a small reservoir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version