GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

500m “Member” unofficial target

(1/2) > >>

Scotchmo:
I shot 4 different 4moa targets at different distances, 200m, 300m, 385m, and 500m. All would qualify as “Member” status. 4moa just happens to be my goal (able to hit better than 50%). I took 5 shots at each target and hit 3/5 fir two distances and 4/5 at the other two.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=205723.0

rsterne:
Scott, you are currently a "Marksman" in NUAH.... so even if those were scaled up NUAH targets on large format paper, you would downgrade to a "Member", but at the longer distance, if that was your desire....

Rules aside, that is AWESOME shooting, I will endorse you as having shot an "unofficial" NUAH Membership at 500 metres.... Congratulations from all us "Wannabes"....  :-[ .... That you did this at each range as "cold shots", with not even one sighting shot at each distance makes it even more incredible !!!!

Bob

Hoosier Daddy:
AMAZING
I replied on the linked thread

rsterne:
Scott, if you wish to make large scale NUAH targets, you can likely use the "Poster" function on your printer, and scale up the NUAH target of your choice to the range you are shooting.... As an example for 500 M you would scale up the 200 yd. target (outside ring of the standard one) by (39.37 / 36) x (500 / 200) x 8" = 21.87".... Note we use 1" = 1 MOA at 100 yards in NUAH, but allow the shot to touch the outside of the line.... You could print that on a 24.5" x 32" target made up of nine 8.5" x 11" sheets (3 high x 3 wide) taped together with 1/2" overlap.... Just make sure you measure your "4 MOA" circle before shooting....

Bob

Scotchmo:

--- Quote from: rsterne on January 29, 2023, 07:18:49 PM ---Scott, if you wish to make large scale NUAH targets, you can likely use the "Poster" function on your printer, and scale up the NUAH target of your choice to the range you are shooting.... As an example for 500 M you would scale up the 200 yd. target (outside ring of the standard one) by (39.37 / 36) x (500 / 200) x 8" = 21.87".... Note we use 1" = 1 MOA at 100 yards in NUAH, but allow the shot to touch the outside of the line.... You could print that on a 24.5" x 32" target made up of nine 8.5" x 11" sheets (3 high x 3 wide) taped together with 1/2" overlap.... Just make sure you measure your "4 MOA" circle before shooting....

Bob

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bob. I'll do that later if I want to submit them. I still have a few hand drawn targets for my next ELR session which will be mostly to verify some multi-BC values.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version