GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Archery

Hatsan Harpoon Discontinued. I Guess I Missed The Boat...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Spacebus:

--- Quote from: splitbeing on January 27, 2023, 01:37:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: DevilsLuck on January 25, 2023, 07:47:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: avator on January 25, 2023, 07:37:37 PM ---I admit I'm intrigued but I just can't justify. Targets and pests are all I shoot.

--- End quote ---

Deer can be pretty pesty. Especially when I pile up corn to feed my furry forest friends like squirrels, and they come along and eat it all. Lol! I mean who doesn't decorate their land with corn?

--- End quote ---

The air sabre is great for deer. I like the stock and looks. My PB friends also love the air sabre. The arrows are hit or miss. Half od my arrows are accurate and half not. Some have poor QC. However, none of that gets in the way of it being a valued, fun, and big game gun.

I got the old air javelin with the 12 gramco2 adapter. Videos on youtube confirmed the velocity would be the same with co2, just fewer shots (6).  The is a slot in the tube of the adjustable stock.  Put an allen key in there and you can adjust the hammer spring without disassembly. I get 12 consistent shots from from the 2 12gram co2s plus 3 more low fps shots, making 15 total.

The air saber is awesome for hunting and cool looking. The airjavelin co2 is great for plinking fun.

--- End quote ---

A friend gave me an Air Javelin (CO2), but it's been too cold to shoot it. I'm thinking about converting it to HPA. Are the Air Javelin Pro and Air Saber basically the same gun with different furniture?

DevilsLuck:
My mind is now trying to figure out a way of using my AEA . 30 cal to launch arrows reliably...

splitbeing:

--- Quote from: Spacebus on January 27, 2023, 01:56:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: splitbeing on January 27, 2023, 01:37:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: DevilsLuck on January 25, 2023, 07:47:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: avator on January 25, 2023, 07:37:37 PM ---I admit I'm intrigued but I just can't justify. Targets and pests are all I shoot.

--- End quote ---

Deer can be pretty pesty. Especially when I pile up corn to feed my furry forest friends like squirrels, and they come along and eat it all. Lol! I mean who doesn't decorate their land with corn?

--- End quote ---

The air sabre is great for deer. I like the stock and looks. My PB friends also love the air sabre. The arrows are hit or miss. Half od my arrows are accurate and half not. Some have poor QC. However, none of that gets in the way of it being a valued, fun, and big game gun.

I got the old air javelin with the 12 gramco2 adapter. Videos on youtube confirmed the velocity would be the same with co2, just fewer shots (6).  The is a slot in the tube of the adjustable stock.  Put an allen key in there and you can adjust the hammer spring without disassembly. I get 12 consistent shots from from the 2 12gram co2s plus 3 more low fps shots, making 15 total.

The air saber is awesome for hunting and cool looking. The airjavelin co2 is great for plinking fun.

--- End quote ---

A friend gave me an Air Javelin (CO2), but it's been too cold to shoot it. I'm thinking about converting it to HPA. Are the Air Javelin Pro and Air Saber basically the same gun with different furniture?

--- End quote ---

The air javelin and air javelin pro are the same gun with the same furniture (except for the paint job) but have different air sources (co2 vs hpa). Not sure if the pro is regulated.

The air saber is a whole different animal. A much larger, more powerful one.

The air javelins use typical bolt size arrows. The air saber uses nearly cliser to full size arrows.

I use my air javelin in the basement range with a bag. It's fun. Like the pro, which comes tuned for higher power, the regular javelin can be tuned up or down for power via hammer spring by the user. I've never tuned my javelin up in power. I tuned down to double my number of good shots from 6 to 12 on two 12 gram co2s.

splitbeing:

--- Quote from: DevilsLuck on January 27, 2023, 02:03:57 PM ---My mind is now trying to figure out a way of using my AEA . 30 cal to launch arrows reliably...

--- End quote ---

The air saber might be using .357 size airgun arrows. I think pyramyd air sells generic airgun arrows of different calibers but I don't have any experience or knowledge of them beyond seeing an ad once if memory serves.

DevilsLuck:

--- Quote from: splitbeing on January 28, 2023, 08:52:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: DevilsLuck on January 27, 2023, 02:03:57 PM ---My mind is now trying to figure out a way of using my AEA . 30 cal to launch arrows reliably...

--- End quote ---

The air saber might be using .357 size airgun arrows. I think pyramyd air sells generic airgun arrows of different calibers but I don't have any experience or knowledge of them beyond seeing an ad once if memory serves.

--- End quote ---

I see an Air Saber Elite X2 in my near future. That said, I'm terribly curious as to why Hatsan ceased production of the Harpoon. I know I plan on snatching up the first one I can find!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version