GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

1322 Steel Breech Pellet Getting Stuck?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lt. Dan:

--- Quote from: Texpatriate on December 17, 2022, 07:26:20 PM ---I packed mine with painters putty.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Robert 5mm on November 25, 2022, 11:27:37 AM ---Fill it with a drip from a crayon ( I used yellow to see where I dripped to and a match to heat crayon )

--- End quote ---
Like Robert, I used a black Crayola crayon on mine. Works great.

Van:

--- Quote from: TennX on November 25, 2022, 03:06:57 PM ---I never tried the wax..and its the go to fix….before I got a round head screw from ebay …..I wrapped dental floss around the threads like a washer…it raised the head of the screw…..worked…..good luck

https://onlinestore.magnumairpower.com/products/custom-breech-screw

--- End quote ---
  That's the screws I use as I swap barrel/breech combos .25,.22, & .177cal around on different guns.  The heat treated Torx head does not strip out like a stock screw and they fill the recess much better.  Just don't get carried away torquing them down hard as you can strip the tube threads. 

avator:
I use birthday candle wax. It's easier than melting a crayon. You just light the candle and can pretty much aim the drop where you want it. When you need to remove the screw just melt the wax out with a soldering pen.

TennX:
All great fixes….just a FYI…the gentleman that sells the gravmag includes star washers that raise the stock breach screw…I have a bunch but yet to use them…….good luck….

Air Head:

--- Quote from: TennX on December 19, 2022, 10:17:54 AM ---All great fixes….just a FYI…the gentleman that sells the gravmag includes star washers that raise the stock breach screw…I have a bunch but yet to use them…….good luck….

--- End quote ---

They work well just received my first Gravmag, I'm very impressed with how well all of it was thought out. He didn't want you to think his Gravmag was malfunctioning, so he included these very thin washers. My kit included 4 but only required 2. Great instructions on line.

Cheers!
Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version