GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

1322 Steel Breech Pellet Getting Stuck?

<< < (4/4)

TheOtherSprocket:

--- Quote from: TennX on December 19, 2022, 10:17:54 AM ---All great fixes….just a FYI…the gentleman that sells the gravmag includes star washers that raise the stock breach screw…I have a bunch but yet to use them…….good luck….

--- End quote ---

Based on this suggestion, I ordered some washers - if they pan out - look for a post in the Pay It Forward gate...

TennX:

--- Quote from: TheOtherSprocket on April 14, 2023, 03:12:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: TennX on December 19, 2022, 10:17:54 AM ---All great fixes….just a FYI…the gentleman that sells the gravmag includes star washers that raise the stock breach screw…I have a bunch but yet to use them…….good luck….

--- End quote ---

Based on this suggestion, I ordered some washers - if they pan out - look for a post in the Pay It Forward gate...

--- End quote ---

Just a FYI…i finally had to use some washers on a 367….used 2 gravmag washers and a magnum air breech screw….smooth …..good luck

TheOtherSprocket:
I ended up using my leather punches and making my own washers.

5mm OD, 3MM ID - I used a plastic lid from a deli to-go container.  The type you get if you buy a thing of potato salad, soup, etc.

I also got a pack of 4-48 x 1/4" button head cap screws (NOT socket head cap screw or flat head socket cap screw).  I put one in the Dremel chuck and used the 1x30 belt sander to sand it down to fit the hole.  I'm betting this is what the offering from magnum is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111112367775  $7 for 10 or $10 for 20...

I don't know who to thank for the dremel chuck trick but it's a great one and I'm grateful for the share.

Monster Bolts as a vendor is excellent - USPS lost a package and they sent a replacement without hesitation or extra charge.  Great folks over there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version