GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

JTS Aircuda Max .... TECHNICAL DATA & TUNING

<< < (2/11) > >>

TroyHammer:

--- Quote from: Motorhead on February 13, 2022, 06:04:35 PM ---Another little snippet for those who may feel the "Need for Speed" and in that thought wonder what the Valve and transfer porting size is ?

BOTH the .22 & .25 are using the same valve housing and it has a massive @ .215" transfer path as does the receiver that matches up to it.
The brass Valve SEAT differs in only transfer exit size.  THROAT on each @ .236" ( 6mm ) using a Acetal looking poppet of @ .315" diameter with a .118" ( 3mm) stem.
IIRC the .22 valve body transfer passage exited at @ .165" where the .25 exited at @ .195" .... AGAIN into a .215" transfer path to the barrel.

Is there room to open things up further ?  Appears to be, tho for a .25 cal a .215" transfer is sufficient ++ and bore spec for a .22 cal, so no need there what so ever !!

--- End quote ---

The standard is limited to a smaller port due to the adjuster but that is very impressive on the max.

Wayne52:
Looks like the barrel port is on that brass piece.

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: Wayne52 on February 13, 2022, 06:20:45 PM ---Looks like the barrel port is on that brass piece.

--- End quote ---
As travis called it "Thimble" ... yes its the two side by side ( Bridged ) slots.
*I suggested a change in this configuration to a full radial slot and 3-4 transfer holes such as XISICO did previous ... it would allow full barrel clocking and ease MAG gap adjustments.  ??? We'll see ???

Motorhead:
More MEASURED to confirm DATA on Air Tube Volume / Plenum Volume & @ Total

Has been factory stated the MAX carries approximately 220cc of air   :-\  So where is it all at and what of it can we actually use while being on the regulator ?

Running the numbers on a CC volume calculator we get: 
HPA main tank @ 186cc
Reg Manifold & Fill manifold space @ 8.84cc
* Total HPA storage @ 194.84cc

Plenum numbers we get @ 21.1 cc
Valve body / area above poppet @ 4cc
* Total plenum @ 25.1cc

My numbers confirm @ 219.94cc min ( likely a tad more in valve body ...  so ) ...    ;) Yes indeed there is @ 220 cc of air on board.

Scott S

Wayne52:

--- Quote from: Motorhead on February 13, 2022, 06:54:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wayne52 on February 13, 2022, 06:20:45 PM ---Looks like the barrel port is on that brass piece.

--- End quote ---
As travis called it "Thimble" ... yes its the two side by side ( Bridged ) slots.
*I suggested a change in this configuration to a full radial slot and 3-4 transfer holes such as XISICO did previous ... it would allow full barrel clocking and ease MAG gap adjustments.  ??? We'll see ???

--- End quote ---
That's a better idea I think for the ports, I'm really not a fan of the barrel being choked either, in my opinion that's a lame way of making different pellets shoot good, if the pellets are good pellets they should shoot good from an unchoked barrel.  Slower twist rate should work better with pellets as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version