GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > 3D printing and files

P17 pickle sight

(1/2) > >>

WhatUPSbox?:
P17 pellet pickle pointing part printed in PLA  :D. I wanted to extend the sight radius and try different front blade widths using the P17 pickle discussed here https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=174853.0.
Used an ID about 2 mm smaller than the pickle and a blade width of 4 mm. It increased the sight radius from 7.5 to 12". I may try a slightly wider blade but 4 mm is pretty good.

At 8 min to print it is an easy way to dial in the blade size.

BigBird:
Cool way to make an accurate pistol more precise.  You need to TnkerCAD that and implement some sort of index on the muzzle end for repeatability.  My P17 Pickle aims up somehow so I can't comment on how it would be done.

WhatUPSbox?:
Actually, I just scribe marked both the muzzle as well as the P/17-pickle joint. Once the sights looked pretty good , I just added a little CA to weep under the band. If I reprint the pickle, I'll just add the blade. I was happy that I didn't need to cut off the existing sight. Maybe it is the red color but you really lock in on the front sight and aren't distracted by the front sight.

If yours deflects the pellet up, I would take it off and push the nearest drill bit through it to see if it is straight. I've also spun a drill through it in reverse to clear any printing artifacts.

BigBird:

--- Quote from: WhatUPSbox? on July 05, 2020, 12:02:17 AM ---Actually, I just scribe marked both the muzzle as well as the P/17-pickle joint. Once the sights looked pretty good , I just added a little CA to weep under the band. If I reprint the pickle, I'll just add the blade. I was happy that I didn't need to cut off the existing sight. Maybe it is the red color but you really lock in on the front sight and aren't distracted by the front sight.

If yours deflects the pellet up, I would take it off and push the nearest drill bit through it to see if it is straight. I've also spun a drill through it in reverse to clear any printing artifacts.

--- End quote ---

Somehow the muzzle points the pickle up.  I did clean it out initially but the hole in these pickles is so generous that pellets wont ever hit the side.  Not sure how to solve that problem.

WhatUPSbox?:
OK, I checked my second P17 and it has a similar problem. It also has the muzzle offset vertically (hard to take an accurate picture).

To try to fix, I would take a 13/32 drill bit (I used a transfer punch in the photo) or maybe you can use the existing pickle to measure the angle, and then add a bend in CAD to the short overlap region to compensate.

I don't know the effect of the vertical muzzle offset. For the first couple of inches the pellet is still in a narrow tube but not centered. If I make pickle for this gun, I may try to do a vertical offset or just use a thinwall metal tube for the overlap region.

Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version