GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > 3D printing and files

Oval printed pellet pickle?

(1/13) > >>

BigBird:
Oval pellet pickle?

Son has a new 3D printer.  Printed this for the 1377. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?  Per guidelines, we are not discussing how to make one just what went wrong and what to do differently.

Rob M:
either in cura, or the drawing program one axis ( x or y) wwere stretched while moving  the object.. go back into cura and check the x and y dimensons ( assuming this is printed standing up

BigBird:
Thanks.  I didn't change the drawing from the thingaverse stl. other than to accept defaults in Cura.
I am going to check the resistance (physical) on the rollers and try to print something smaller but round.  I hate to waste this so I'll put it on the lathe and put some round holes in it.  ;D

--- Quote from: Rob M on June 17, 2020, 09:15:50 AM ---
either in cura, or the drawing program one axis ( x or y) wwere stretched while moving  the object.. go back into cura and check the x and y dimensons ( assuming this is printed standing up

--- End quote ---
...and I got the roller suggestion off the internet so I guess I'm asking if you think that would be a good assessment.

Rob M:
not a good assesment unless everything round is printing oval.. If thats the case, where any cylinder is oval then the machine has an issue ( belts, rollers , bearings whatever //
If its downloaded from thingiverse , Beware.. for whatever reason , a lot of the stuff put out there is " almost complete " or the file was edited after the fact after people requested xy and z ..

BigBird:

--- Quote from: Rob M on June 17, 2020, 11:01:21 AM ---not a good assesment unless everything round is printing oval.. If thats the case, where any cylinder is oval then the machine has an issue ( belts, rollers , bearings whatever //
If its downloaded from thingiverse , Beware.. for whatever reason , a lot of the stuff put out there is " almost complete " or the file was edited after the fact after people requested xy and z ..

--- End quote ---
Good to know.  I will print something else round and check.  Son is smarter than I so I'll have him check Cura file. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version