GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air gun Entertainment and reviews > Hajimoto Productions

JSAR's Flex Regulator meets the Gauntlet

(1/6) > >>

Hajimoto:
I have worked in partnership with the boys at JSAR and developed an amazing new option for the Umarex Gauntlet. It is the externally adjustable regulator which allows the user to raise or lower the output pressure of the regulator on the fly. No degassing, not funky procedures other than turning the cogged adjuster wheel. I developed two configurations for the Gauntlet and they come to two flavors.

Available configurations:
1) For the .177/.22 Caliber I have selected 500 to 1500 PSI range
2) For the .25 Caliber I have selected 1400 to 2400 PSI range

Here is a .22 Caliber Gauntlet with it installed. You can see both gauges without making any modifications to the stock or forearm cover.

Below is a photo of the radar results of the .22 Gauntlet shooting two shots with the regulator adjusted to 1100PSI and a second set of two shots with the regulator turn all the way up to 1500PSI (again that is max for the .22 version but the .25 caliber version can be adjusted to a maximum of 2400).

A Gauntlet with the Super Tune Kit and a JSAR Flex Reg will amazingly tunable. I will be making an installation video for this as well as it being demonstrated on the .25 caliber as well.

HUGE possibilities!

Thank you

scion19801:
oh the possibilities with this addon...keep up the awesome work hajimoto.

JBinCO:
I was wondering about this direction with our Gauntlets....did you change out he gauges to fit in .25 Cal? 
My Haj tune is shooting so well with your reg bump to 2100 PSI and tune kit and new spring on Hammer I hesitate to do anything at all to it!

Hajimoto:

--- Quote from: JBinCO on February 25, 2020, 10:19:35 AM ---I was wondering about this direction with our Gauntlets....did you change out he gauges to fit in .25 Cal? 
My Haj tune is shooting so well with your reg bump to 2100 PSI and tune kit and new spring on Hammer I hesitate to do anything at all to it!

--- End quote ---
What this will offer you is the ability to fly larger heavier ammo like slugs or hybrids. You can set the reg to any pressure setting you want for the .22's from 500 to 1500 PSI or for the .25 from 1400 to 2400 PSI. In the case of the .25 caliber that means you can keep the regulator at 2100 PSI and when or if you want to sling a Hybrid for instance you can simply crank up the regulator and tweak the hammer energy with the STK that is installed.

This honestly take the Gauntlet to a level of tunability that only $1200 plus airguns possess.

Motorhead:
Not to be the nay sayer ... requirements in hammer weight and spring energy differ GREATLY with changes in operating pressure.
While one can change the power via pressure easy enough ( this is major cool BTW ) sadly the valve dwell with vary wildly with much suffrage in efficiency when tuned outside of the sweet spot in pressure / hammer strike energy on the poppet valve.

The adjustable regulators are indeed a MAJOR step in the right direction, but also need to be managed easily with a viable system in changing hammer energy delivered to valve that's not caught up just yet.

JMO ...
Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version