GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > WFTF Class Field Target

WFTF Newb

(1/1)

Louis Loria II:
I have just begun getting into WFTF. I have some great people to learn from at the THAGC in NC. I am looking for any suggestions or comments I can get. I'll be shooting Piston Class with a tuned and tweaked HW97. I have the gun at 11.9 to 12.1fpe and it is as accurate a gun as I have ever shot. I have ScopeKnob software ready and am setting up my wheel and turret when I have time.

prosportfan:
Just go and shoot. Make your range click or holdover card and PRACTICE

JP806:
That's a nice set up Louis.

Is that a Hawke 10-50X? I have two and both does not focus down to 10 yards. Does yours focus down to 10 yards. I just sent mine in for service. They told me they no longer make that model (or it has been discontinued...code for we are not going to fix this?...) Hawke said they were going to send me a new one to replace. Still waiting for it by my mail box.

JP806:
This is the best scope/click set up I've seen.

I used a similar method. I shoot at 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 yards. I record the clicks, plot them on a graph and extrapolate other distances from my graph.

Greg5850:
If you're going WFTF you may want to try to tune the gun a bit lower, maybe 11.5 ft lbs.  The reason is if you plan to shoot at Worlds when they are here in 2022 the power limit rule is absolute.  You must be under 12 ft lbs.  Here in the US we have a overage allowance, in World meets they do not.  Some of the very best springer shooters, such as John Farbrother, tune to below 11 ft lbs.  I think John was at 10.5 ft lbs. when he was here for Pyramid in 2019  (which he won).

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version