GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

....And the RAINSTORM strikes again, with video

(1/3) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Today I was checking on a new feeder I put up tuesday, didn't expect pigs, just wanted to see if it was working, feeders bring birds, birds bring Mongoose so I took my slayer just in case

got myself comfortable in the blind

and sure enought in an hour a nice mmale appeared, high angle shot was perfect entering behind the scapula and exiting at the sternum, the EunJin just blew thru and the beast only whent 4 yards

Than a couple of pigs came in

JonnyReb:
  That was a cool video,  kept waiting for the pig to roll over and expire.  lol

That mongoose hunting looks like the perfect A/G pest hunt.  No laws there governing them,  they are a good year round hunt i'll bet. Very cool,  J

dk1677:
More nice shooting!

darryl:
That mongoose is not the average ground squirrel with teeth like that. It's a predator. What makes it a pest? Does it raid chicken coops or threaten other domestic animals in your area? I think we could use them to control a prairie dogs out west here in the USA(if they need to be controlled).
darryl

Nomadic Pirate:
The Mongoose was itroduced by the early settelers to control rats in the cane fields, they just overlooked a smal detail, rats are nocturnal and mongoose are diurnal ::) ::) ::)

since then mongoose has become pubblic enemy # 1, wipes out native and non native cround bird with exreme efficiency, DLNr has being waging war on the critter for decades but losing the war miserably,here we try take them out as much as we can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version