GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

GTA directory > GTA Forum Help Desk

Specific model threads

(1/3) > >>

xsthomas:
New here, so I have a suggestion after reading some of these topics. It would be nice if there was a section with topics on specific models, and all threads and replies are all together. Like a section with lots of the most popular models, and all threads and replies go under their correct heading. I've done searches and find threads all over the board on a specific models that could be put under one model heading. This would be easier searching on some models, or no searching at all, just click on your specific model and read all threads and replies. Again, Im new here and have no business making suggestions.

ezman604:
What particular airgun are you saying is scattered?
We have spent quite a bit of time and effort in organizing the areas. We do have specific areas for brands or country of origin for springers but we put all PCO/Co2 and pumpers in one area. We set up specific gates for the most common and highest traffic brands. We have over 150 "gates" and we always get suggestions as well as flak when we discuss adding more.
:)
Thanks for the suggestions though and everyone is welcome to voice an opinion. We look at and listen to all suggestions. GTA is and will always be a member owned and managed site as well as a work in progress.
SAFE & Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)

SteveP-52:
Just me but something like that could get beyond crazy if you had sub forums for each particular rifle any given manufacturer makes. Taking just say Crosman and Hatsan alone for example, you'd be talking about a couple hundred sub forum Gates considering how many different rifles just those 2 companies make. Add in every other company out there and they'd likely have to add another 30 or 40 moderators to try and help cover them all not to mention how much more server space would be needed...lol.
I know searching can be hit or miss at times and why it's always been easier for me to just start a brand new thread and ask the questions I have and they always get answered. I know my question has probably already been talked about but the members here never mind one bit talking about it all over again.

avator:
Might I suggest the "Search" function?

xsthomas:
"I  know searching can be hit or miss at times and why it's always been easier for me to just start a brand new thread and ask the questions I have and they always get answered".  Now you're getting it.  That shouldnt have to be done. Even a search you have to read through lots of stuff, just to get your information. Maybe Im asking too much. Your thinking of Sub forms and Gates starts the confusion.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version