GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Back Room

***Understanding MAP Pricing*** Everyone here should read this!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

mobilemail:
I have seen this before.  Anytime you look at an internet or printed ad where the items are marked "call for price", it's because the dealer could lose a product line if they don't "toe the line" on the advertised pricing.  It's like the manufacturers are trying to implement their own version of price fixing.

Joe - thanks for your support of the GTA forum.  I hope our wives never find out how much money we are "saving".  8) :o

TF89:
Mark, you are a man of wisdom.

wolverine:
thanks for the explanation.

we have all seen ads that read..."prices too low to show" or "call for best price"

this always aggravated me as i thought it was just a way for a salesperson to push a product on a potential customer,  but now know the reason behind it. 

many thanks!

Sfttailrdr46:

--- Quote from: mobilemail on April 05, 2017, 05:55:19 PM ---I have seen this before.  Anytime you look at an internet or printed ad where the items are marked "call for price", it's because the dealer could lose a product line if they don't "toe the line" on the advertised pricing.  It's like the manufacturers are trying to implement their own version of price fixing.

Joe - thanks for your support of the GTA forum.  I hope our wives never find out how much money we are "saving".  8) :o

--- End quote ---
;) ;D Yes I know that I will never hear the end of it  ;D ;D

Brian10956:
Sometimes I wish our meddlesome government would make MAP pricing against the law. I believe a business should have the right to sell and advertise at any price they choose. I have found that some vendors figure a way around this especially in package deals. When I purchased my first apple computer everyone was the exact same price. I did find one vendor who only charged me $50 for the $350 printer I purchased with it so for now that's one way to get around the MAP pricing. I recommend calling at the end of the month when the next rent bill is coming up for a vendor, talk to the owner or manager as see if you can work up a combo deal. Remember vendors need to make a living but if a fair deal for both sides can be made do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version