GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > "Bob and Lloyds Workshop"

Easy way to shoot & retrieve test pellets without damage

(1/3) > >>

lloyd-ss:
This is easy and works a lot better than shooting into water, IMHO.

A piece of 2" PVC pipe about 2 feet long, and some plastic grocery bags.  A cardboard tube will work, too.

Loosely stuff 6 to 10 bags into the tube. Number depends on the power you are shooting.  Put them in individually, not as one big wad.

Ready to shoot.

Line the barrel up and shoot.

Here's the first bag pulled.  The pellet passed through it.

Push the rest of the bags out like string of sausage links, and you can see which bag the pellet ended up in.

Here's the pellet.  Almost perfect.

JonnyReb:
   I guess there is not a much less gentle way of catching a pellet, even water, cotton, foam, all would seem to offer to much resistence. Those bags do the trick. To be honest i've looked (with some reservation) at the bag stuffed full of used grocery bags in my kitchen but always was afraid the pellet would blow right through. So i step outside or head for the old reliable phonebook.

How do you stop your bigbore bullets with similar results?  J

jakerox43:
I have a feeling some will need a LONG tube.

lloyd-ss:
It's amazing how many of those bags you can stuff into a tube or box or milk crate.  They will not so good up a lot of energy, but I always like something else behind it.

I stuff my steel trap with bags too, to deaden the noise and stop any splattering from the big bore stuff.

oldpink:
Slick idea, Lloyd.
The inventor in you just jumped out once again.
;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version