GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Scoring System / Ranking Poll

(1/4) > >>

rsterne:
The most popular choice on the previous poll was the qualify only, by hitting the specified size target "X out of Y" times.... Others wanted to measure group size and/or establish rankings to continue to challenge you to improve once you are a member.... By only allowing you to choose one of these systems we should be able to focus on what you want.... If you vote for "X hits out of Y shots", you MUST post what you would like those numbers to be.... If you have other ideas, now is the time to bring them up....

Bob

Deckard1973:
I like the ranking system, but mainly as a way to force me to strive to improve myself. 
Not necessarily against others or trying to look down on anyone else.  I shoot from the prone, so I highly doubt get higher than Sharpshooter. 
But I will keep trying!
Maybe the best 3 out of 5 shots on a given size target at a given range? 

sixshootertexan:
How about if you shoot 100yds your target would be a 4MOA and if you got all in that 4MOA than your a Marksman. Now if you get all in a 3MOA you would be a Sharpshooter. 2MOA a Expert and 1MOA a Master.

I edited my post. I put down 200yds but meant 100yds.

lefteyeshot:
X out of Y. 3 out of 5 or 7 out of 10. holes on edge are in. Qualified. Patch or device says 100.

If all 5 or 10 are in, size of group determines marksman, sharpshooter, expert. Patch says 100+marksman and so on.

Maybe springers and PCP different size target.

Longer ranges (150-200yards) same thing just different numbers, bigger target.

Just my 2 cents worth.

rsterne:
The suggestions are very similar to what I suggested in the first Poll.... All targets to be 5 shots only....

Member - 3 of 5 touching or inside the 4 MOA ring.
Marksman - all 5 inside or touching the 4 MOA ring, group is 3 MOA or smaller measured center to center.
Sharpshooter - all 5 in 4 MOA, group 2 MOA C-T-C.
Expert - all 5 in 4 MOA, group 1 MOA C-T-C.
Master - all 5 inside or touching the 2 MOA ring, group is 1 MOA or smaller C-T-C.

I would suggest that 7 out of 10 is a LOT harder to achieve than 3 out of 5, but that is JMO.... I personally prefer 3 out of 5 to qualify as a Member of N.U.A.H.... and it is compatible with 5-shot groups....

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version