GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Airgun Legislation Actions/Information

U.S. Airgun Laws By State

<< < (5/5)

Khan V:
 Hi all my name is constantine and as yet I am merely a fan of airgunning. This is an important subject for me as I would very much like to get into pcp airgunning /hunting. However, at the moment I am really scared to go out and get one due to my criminal history. I am a felon and obviously I do not want to go back to prison. My life has changed and I am not the person I was then, that is neither here nor there right now. I have done some research on the matter and and to be honest I can't find all that much on subject in the federal law books online. My next step is to go to a criminal defense lawyer to see if there is a reasonable option for myself. Do any of you guys have any input or advice on where to look for more on the subject? I have checked the site mentioned above in the first post of this forum and just got led around from pointless link to pointless link. Anything you guys have to lead me to where I need to be looking would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

upthehill:

--- Quote from: Constantine Victoratos&nbsp; &nbsp;JR. on January 16, 2016, 01:37:44 AM --- Hi all my name is constantine and as yet I am merely a fan of airgunning. This is an important subject for me as I would very much like to get into pcp airgunning /hunting. However, at the moment I am really scared to go out and get one due to my criminal history. I am a felon and obviously I do not want to go back to prison. My life has changed and I am not the person I was then, that is neither here nor there right now. I have done some research on the matter and and to be honest I can't find all that much on subject in the federal law books online. My next step is to go to a criminal defense lawyer to see if there is a reasonable option for myself. Do any of you guys have any input or advice on where to look for more on the subject? I have checked the site mentioned above in the first post of this forum and just got led around from pointless link to pointless link. Anything you guys have to lead me to where I need to be looking would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

On the federal level, the ATF does not consider airguns to be firearms, that's why they can come with a barrel shroud and baffles AKA factory suppressed.

it's the state level you'll have problems with. For hunting Maine considers airguns to be firearms and as a convicted felon you would NOT be issued a hunting license no matter what you want to hunt with.

I can't imagine that CT would allow you anything other then a red ryder without breaking out in a sweat. But you would need to dig into the local and state laws for that.

Khan V:
Thanks alot man. I was thinking that but, just wanted to be sure.  I am still gonna have Criminal Defense attorney look into it just to be certain. It for sure would not hurt. I'll let you know my progress as things develop.
  Thanks again.

If anyone else has anything that might be helpful ... lemme know. thanks in advance.

Brownkonadog:
My county (Ventura CA) says no shooting within 300 yards of a residence unless you have expressed permission from the owner of the dwelling.

GungaDin:

--- Quote ---I live in New York, which says air guns are considered a firearm, and the small town I live in says this:

§ 248-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
WEAPON
Includes any firearm, air or other gas gun, or bow and arrow.
§ 248-4. Permit required; issuance; additional restrictions; term.
--- End quote ---

Bow control?
Curse you sparow, this is all your fault!

--- Quote ---Who killed Cock Robin?
I, said the Sparrow,
with my bow and arrow,
I killed Cock Robin.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version